Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/16/19 – 9/22/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    NASCL
    Participant

Re:  Ocasek

Are we sure it wasn’t John Henry with a jet black dye job?

7 users thanked author for this post.

Fatty’s advice to Brown is to cave in to extortion demands:

d. Jeff Darlington’s info on ESPN that Antonio Brown turned down a settlement offer of $2 million with his accuser to make the sexual-assault case go away. Good get by Darlington. We’re all on the outside looking in here, and maybe turning down the $2-mill will prove to be the right decision because maybe he has been unjustly accused. But as of this morning, my feeling is that would have been $2 million well spent by Brown.

Participant

He’s at his finger wagging best today – except for poor Felicity Huffman of course.

JFC:

y. RIP Rick Ocasek. Man, The Cars front man was 75.

z. Best Cars songs ever: 1. “Magic.” 2. “You Might Think.” 3. “Just What I Needed.”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The Giants….what’s the word?  Suck, yeah suck.

Coma
    Participant

The Giants….what’s the word? Suck, yeah suck.

Remember, and this is very important, none of this is Eli’s fault.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Giants are clearly tanking to give Bill the #1 pick for his dream job.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The Giants….what’s the word? Suck, yeah suck.

Remember, and this is very important, none of this is Eli’s fault.

Actually, he wasn’t bad…except for a 4th quarter hail mary pick.  And Jordan Poyer made a hell of a catch on it.  They can, and probably will, play Jones soon but I wouldn’t look for it to get any better.

Their defense, especially their defensive backs ….. just godawful. Miami like

Coma
    Participant

JFC:

y. RIP Rick Ocasek. Man, The Cars front man was 75.

z. Best Cars songs ever: 1. “Magic.” 2. “You Might Think.” 3. “Just What I Needed.”

I was thinking about this topic last night. PK graduated from college in 1979*, so he would have been in school when the first 2 Cars albums came out and then heard songs from the next two within a couple of years of graduating. When it comes to remembering the band, though, his favorite 2 Cars songs come from their most popular album and #3 might be the band’s most popular song. No deep cuts, no surprises, no “They would play this at my favorite college bar and everyone would sing along” song or a “I remember this song was a big hit when I was commuting back and forth to my first real job” song. Just three of the most popular, most recognizable songs.

*I looked up his commencement speech from 2008 to make sure I had King’s graduation year correct. The intro to the speech included this nugget:

Thank you, Dr. King,” OU president Rod McDavis said to me when it was over. He’d given me an honorary doctorate of communications degree, and I immediately took out my stethoscope and examined his head. Dr. King? That’s for Martin Luther, not Peter.

Rod McDavis failed us all that day by not beating Peter King into a vegetative state.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

“He’s as good as any offensive coach ever, in my opinion.”

—CBS analyst Tony Romo, on Kansas City coach Andy Reid.

That’s a wow.

What’s a wow, Romo saying it? Why?

One thing to keep in mind too: Tyreek Hill was not suspended after being caught on tape issuing an ominous threat and strong language against his fiancé. It’ll be interesting in this case if the NFL uses the Hill non-ban as a precedent when considering the highly offensive texts in this case.

Were there any threats in Brown’s texts? Or were they completely different from Hill?

b. Love Mike Sando’s new Monday column, full of instant and quality analysis, at The Athletic.

b.2. Love Ron Borges’s new Tuesday column, full of quality analysis if not quite instant.

h. Field goal kicking. Anecdotally, it stinks.

Couldn’t take 3 seconds to check the numbers?

i. The $200-a-job clown’s name is Joe. Joe the Clown.

Clowns should have names like Eric

Rediscovered Stay by Jackson Browne, that was a forgotten song?

Lebron
    Participant

Figures Pete loves the cotton candy pop crap.  In various ‘best Cars songs’ lists since last night I’m surprised by the lack of ‘Life in Stereo’ mentions.

So happy with the Broncos loss yesterday.  Total fucking nutcrusher.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That Pete King! What a down-to-earth “Aw shucks” kind of guy. Imagine confusing fat old Pete with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.!  Gosh and golly!

:wall:

Lebron
    Participant

It’s not hard to shut out the Dolphins these days

Yeah, shutouts in the NFL are so easy.

Lebron
    Participant

In eight days, the Ravens have taken ownership, basically undisputed, of the AFC North

Hmmm, sounds like a tomato can division.  Of course the Browns have a good chance tonight to win and be 1-1 so how a 1 game lead 2 games in to the season translates to ‘basically undisputed ownership’ is nonsensical.  Pete must be a great baseball fan, probably gives up around opening day if the Red Sox lose.

chicowalker
    Participant

I have a dream…that NFL water carriers will be judged by both the garishness of their attire..AND the content of their character

how those chicken legs haven’t snapped in half holding up that considerable torso is the conspiracy theory Pete Carroll should look into.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

As if the jeans aren’t terrible enough those shorts are horrifying.  Still goes with the thought process of buying 2 sizes too big thinking it hides the fat.

chicowalker
    Participant

The second picture, between the droopiness of the jeans and his shoulders (an also undoubtedly his titties, obscured by said giant fleece) gives the impression that he is contending with more gravity than the rest of us

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

First road team to cover a spread of 17 points or more.

Participant

That Pete King! What a down-to-earth “Aw shucks” kind of guy. Imagine confusing fat old Pete with Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.! Gosh and golly!

:wall:

The Bills back to back trips to Hackensack timeline pays $2.80.

NASCL
    Participant

Roethlisberger done for year.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Roethlisberger done for year.

What a shame.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Will this spell the end of Tomlin as the HC or this just give him another excuse allowing him to hang around another year.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

That’s a shame.

Suzy
    Participant

As if the jeans aren’t terrible enough those shorts are horrifying. Still goes with the thought process of buying 2 sizes too big thinking it hides the fat.

In addition to being the biggest asshole who ever lived, he’s 100% physically repulsive. :puke: :puke:

And (of course) a shitty, unreliable reporter. Where in Brown’s texts was there a threat, or even a hint of one?

Lefty

As if the jeans aren’t terrible enough those shorts are horrifying. Still goes with the thought process of buying 2 sizes too big thinking it hides the fat.

In addition to being the biggest asshole who ever lived, he’s 100% physically repulsive. :puke::puke:

And (of course) a shitty, unreliable reporter. Where in Brown’s texts was there a threat, or even a hint of one?

Well, Brown does mention his dick In one of the texts.   I am sure Pete felt threatened by that.  And oddly excited.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar