Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/16/19 – 9/22/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 192 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Danny Duberstein 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 193 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

His attorney is going to say “My client’s employer spoke with the plaintiff and declined to take any action against him afterwards. Why should he be liable to pay her as a result of this suit if he doesn’t even need to sit out a football game?”.

I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure this doesn’t work on a judge. It’s the Court’s job to decide on the evidence. They’re not going to take the NFL clown-car investigations into account when deciding if there’s enough evidence to conclude if she’s being truthful. His employer interviewing her for one day isn’t going to carry weight when the trial rolls around.

It’s not up to his private employer to decide that she’s telling the truth by not letting him come to work.

I don’t think it’s a factor in Rogers decision making other than if she comes across as a complete clown show to the league. Even then they can’t in good faith consider it a thorough investigation after just one meeting.

Shes not likely to present any additional evidence that wasn’t cited in her complaint.

It wouldn’t impact her legal proceeding other than a terrible performance may make her side think that settling for less may be in her best interests. All the prep in the world with a client doesn’t help when the person questioning them knows how to make them uncomfortable. Not that the league has that objective but you never know.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ironhead’s podcast has Jerry Thornton. Jerry is presumptively terrible and aggressively unfunny. Someone here is going to need to listen and vouch for it before I weill.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Ironhead’s podcast has Jerry Thornton. Jerry is presumptively terrible and aggressively unfunny. Someone here is going to need to listen and vouch for it before I weill.

It’s fine. He half-apologizes for pissing on his shoes and promises to improve, and explains he had a WEEI column ready to go about why he was willing to work with Tomase even if he didn’t feel great about it. They wouldn’t let him run it.

Lefty

Is it me or does Mayfield throw every ball like it is a 100 mph fastball?  Even screens.   Seems like he can’t or won’t put any touch on the ball.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Is it me or does Mayfield throw every ball like it is a 100 mph fastball? Even screens. Seems like he can’t or won’t put any touch on the ball.

He can really rifle it. That one to Chubb seemed a little more deft.

Lefty

Jesus, the MNF pbp guy is going a bit overly solemn for this injury to Siemian.    It’s not Theisman.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Jesus, the MNF pbp guy is going a bit overly solemn for this injury to Siemian. It’s not Theisman.

It’s Drama-Queen Tessitore.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tuned out of the game at 9:15.  Have the Jets run a play that hasn’t been called back by a penalty yet?

Yahtzee
    Participant

As much as people complain about baseball games dragging on, this first half is a slog.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I like to think when I’m on my death bed, I’ll still uncontrollably laugh if you play me the Earl weaver Managers Corner.

Terry Crowley’s lucky he’s in fucking baseball 😂

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m not impressed by Mayfield.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I like to think when I’m on my death bed, I’ll still uncontrollably laugh if you play me the Earl weaver Managers Corner.

Terry Crowley’s lucky he’s in fucking baseball 😂

You can’t help it. It’s the funniest fucking thing ever.

Lefty

The Steelers look like their season could go down the toilet but they are trading next year’s first round pick to Miami?   I hope they fall apart and it ends up being a high pick.

Lebron
    Participant

Since the Patriots weren’t on here I probably saw a grand total of 15 plays of football yesterday.  Didn’t even bother with tonight’s offering.  Still in the mid 80s here so got the boys outside yesterday for some hiking and spent time tonight picking tomatoes out of my garden like an 80 year old.  Early soccer games Saturday morning then heading to Vail for the weekend so likely no football Sunday either.  Come the end of Tom and Bill it will be no problem barely paying attention to that overmarketed celebrating the departure of the greatest coach/QB combo ever bunch of fucking bullshit.

Lefty

Eli gets sat down.  Let the “fairness” chorus begin.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Eli gets sat down. Let the “fairness” chorus begin.

You’re out, Fredo.

8 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Lots of talk yesterday that they would play Eli through the Thursday night game against the Pats and then sit him after that and use that as his “farewell”. I was hoping that would be the case and the Pats defense essentially ending Eli’s career with 11 sacks.

Pats line against the Jets up to -22.5. :lol: :ohmy:

Dallas -21.5 against Miami. Two three touchdown spreads in the same week. Parity.

Participant

Bruins re-sign Carlo.

Give him a living, but never discuss the family business with him.”

Participant

Oh goody, the Bears are on national TV again next Monday.

jforb
    Participant

Oh goody, the Bears are on national TV again next Monday.

Did Monday and Thursday swap getting shitty games this year?

Lebron
    Participant

Lots of talk yesterday that they would play Eli through the Thursday night game against the Pats and then sit him after that and use that as his “farewell”. I was hoping that would be the case and the Pats defense essentially ending Eli’s career with 11 sacks.

Pats line against the Jets up to -22.5. :lol::ohmy:

Dallas -21.5 against Miami. Two three touchdown spreads in the same week. Parity.

Between the Jets and Dolphins it’s fresh meat for the tomato can people.  Chiefs werido in my office was IM’ing me this morning about it.  I said well you should be happy that the rough and tumble Chiefs will be hardened and prepared for the soft as puppy shit Patriots in January.  Now fuck off.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Oh goody, the Bears Decatur Staleys are on national TV again next Monday.

It’s the 100th birthday of the league, people!  And it’s a choice matchup against the hated Akron Pros.

:smile:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Dolphins / Jets feels like the type of prime time game  they trot out in late October/early November but not this year. I guess they dodged a bullet on that one. But the Dolphins – Steelers Monday Night game should be a snooze fest.

Coma
    Participant

Pats line against the Jets up to -22.5. :lol::ohmy:

That’s really sweet that the tough NY media wanted a storybook ending for Eli, even though he’s led the team to 1 playoff appearance and 0 postseason wins over the last 7 years. Meanwhile, the Boston media is annually predicting Brady’s demise and inventing or exaggerating any disagreements between him and coaches and ownership.

I still enjoy Eli’s first benching in favor of Geno Smith. I believe the backstory was John Mara sent a “Play the young guys” edict to the GM/coach, who responded by sitting down Eli. This derailed Manning’s consecutive games played streak, which, I believe at the time, was the longest active streak in the league. Once there was the predictable backlash from the fans and media, Mara shifted all the blame onto the head coach and GM.

Lebron
    Participant

I recall McAdoo saying we need to see what we have with Geno.  You don’t already know?  He’s Geno Smith, everyone knows he sucks.

Eli honks all out blaming the defense.  The Giants blow in general.  Offense, defense, special teams, coaching, ownership, you name it.  Saying one is the absolute worst is pointless.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 193 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar