Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/16/19 – 9/22/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

I like that the Steelers are going to be terrible and they won’t have a first round pick.  Although I get the logic of thinking our defense is so terrible and getting a guy like Fitzpatrick is as good if not better than what you might draft.  They traded up for Devin Bush and he looks lost.  And the Broncos who traded down in that deal drafted a tight end that can’t block and they don’t get him the ball.  Win win in my book.

jforb
    Participant

Wow, AAC is an idiot. And I’m pretty sure when he says “yet you follow”, the needed response is “but I don’t pay”.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Grand Theft Klemko making the radio rounds today claiming criminal charges against Brown could be coming in the next couple of weeks.  Really has it nailed down.  Also, I could be seduced by a supermodel in the next few hours.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

What a weird ‘column’ to write – advocating that a player demand a trade.  Like he’s trying to be Borges giving Bledsoe advice on dealing with Bill in ’01.

What a weird ‘column’ to write – advocating that a player demand a trade. Like he’s trying to be Borges giving Bledsoe advice on dealing with Bill in ’01.

Or Wilfork in ’09.

Participant

Baseball writers of a certain age in this town wish Yaz were their Grampy.

Coma
    Participant

I didn’t realize that Eli was 8 losses away from setting the record for the most regular season losses by a starting QB. Now, I’m a little bummed that he got benched.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Big Fat O
    Participant

Has anyone asked Fatty why he has/had 2 employees with criminal pasts working for him?

If he expects BB to have squeaky clean players shouldn’t he follow suit? Public urination is considered a sex crime in some states and high character guys don’t assault people and steal cars.

This ones for you Fatty :pk:

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

During this offseason, I thought that the QB position around the league was as healthy as its been in quite a while, with most teams having a starter that’s either quality or someone who the team really wants to develop. Some OK QBs playing backup. The only poor truly poor situations were Miami, Denver and Washington, I think, or Jax if you’re not a Foles believer. But really, quite stable as things go

Since then we’ve lost

Luck (forever)

Brees

Ben

Foles

Darnold for some time

Semian

Eli (non injury)

Thats 1/5 of the league’s QBs turned over in the most passer protected league ever. Did I miss anyone?

Cam, Mariotta, Jimmy G, and Watson have to be thought of injury risks as well.

Pretty crazy.  And Brady keeps going

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wynn goes on IR (the eight-week division). Dante, do your thing!

Lefty

During this offseason, I thought that the QB position around the league was as healthy as its been in quite a while, with most teams having a starter that’s either quality or someone who the team really wants to develop. Some OK QBs playing backup. The only poor truly poor situations were Miami, Denver and Washington, I think, or Jax if you’re not a Foles believer. But really, quite stable as things go

Since then we’ve lost

Luck (forever)

Brees

Ben

Foles

Darnold for some time

Semian

Eli (non injury)

Thats 1/5 of the league’s QBs turned over in the most passer protected league ever. Did I miss anyone?

Cam, Mariotta, Jimmy G, and Watson have to be thought of injury risks as well.

Pretty crazy. And Brady keeps going

Mariotta flat out sucks.  I can’t believe I would rather see Tannehill, but I think they have a better chance with him.   Poor Two Times.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Cam is hurt, too, some kind of foot thing.

NASCL
    Participant

As much as the sport and team of my youth does its best to make me not care, Yastrzemski hitting a HR was pretty cool.   Excuse me while I polish my horn.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Joe Gill giving mental health advice on Twitter.

Nick B
    Participant

Now that the Garden has swapped out the Yellow seats for Black. No longer will Dale be getting calls for “Why all the yellow seats Dale”?    :dry:

Participant

“You were our football Derek Jeter.” :puke: :lol: :puke: :lol:

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/thank-you-eli-manning/

Nick B
    Participant

“You were our football Derek Jeter.” :puke::lol::puke::lol:

Jesus Christ. Everyone’s talking about him like he’s dead. they forget he’s lost 167 games.

Lebron
    Participant

Seriously, get a fucking life.  It’s Eli Manning.  There isn’t enough space in my column to thank you.  Did he save your life or some shit?  What a loser.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

A mixed bag reaction on my Phillip Dorsett column from yesterday. C’est la vie. I don’t write to be popular or for the approval of Twitter eggs or those with Patriots avatars, I write what I think with 20 years of experience covering this league. And, if anything, I don’t root for the cloth, I root for the players that do things the right way. And if Dorsett goes from playing 80 percent of the snaps to 12 percent to make room for some unstable flavor of the month, only to be asked to save the team’s bacon again, I just think that’s wrong. And you can’t compare this to Amendola, who played more snaps when healthy.

Guessing mixed bag means absolutely no positive comments

Also

I wouldn’t call Wynn a bust yet or anything yet. Sometimes young players just go through this and then they’re durable the rest of the way.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

“You were our football Derek Jeter.” :puke::lol::puke::lol:

Wildly overrated because he played in New York?

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Since then we’ve lost

Luck (forever)

Brees

Ben

Foles

Darnold for some time

Semian

Eli (non injury)

Thats 1/5 of the league’s QBs turned over in the most passer protected league ever. Did I miss anyone?

Cam, Mariotta, Jimmy G, and Watson have to be thought of injury risks as well.

Pretty crazy. And Brady keeps going

Pliability my man.

Lebron
    Participant

Love how Bedard acts like Paulie in the restaurant business.  Oh, you had a bad week?  Fuck you, pay me.  Oh, you don’t like what I wrote?  Fuck you, pay me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Suzy
    Participant

And, if anything, I don’t root for the cloth, I root for the players that do things the right way.

Such trite slop. Fuck off.

Lebron
    Participant

Had Russo on in the car yesterday and talking about the Eli benching a caller brings up in general and not in defense of Eli that the Giants have had a couple of bad coaching hires in a row and Russo shoots that down saying you can’t judge Shurmur yet he’s just starting his second year.  Um, he was a head coach in the NFL before, you pretty much know what you have with Pat Shurmur.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Had Francesa on yesterday and one caller, talking about how awful the Giants are, said, “Everybody’s blaming Shurmur and Gettleman, and before them, McAdoo and Jerry Reese. Why doesn’t anyone blame John Mara? Why don’t the Maras ever get any of the blame?”

Francesa: “Mara doesn’t get involved in football decisions! He leaves that up to his general manager and head coach!”

He cut the guy off before he could ask, “Well, who hires the general manager? Who signs off on the head coach?”  I suppose if he had been allowed to pose that question, Francesa would have blamed Tisch.

:lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar