Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/16/19 – 9/22/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 18 posts - 176 through 193 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s pretty obvious the Brown did himself on by sending those texts on Thursday so the media can put 2 and 2 together.

I swear half of it is validated for the media they were right.

Participant

@Globe_TaraPatriots owe fans explanation for Antonio Brown
    Danny Duberstein
    Participant

are the Saints uniforms been getting uglier?

Participant

Spike it, kneel down, call to, miss fg – nice job with the clock Coach Kangol

jforb
    Participant

We signed him thinking he could help, it turned out he’s a bigger idiot/anjerk than we realized so we moved on. How much more do they need to say?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Governor of Maine has ordered flags at half-staff for the Steelers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Spike it, kneel down, call to, miss fg – nice job with the clock Coach Kangol

It’s a little worse than that. Winston spiked the ball to stop the clock, then Tampa Bay took a delay of game penalty, then they took a knee in the center of the field to line up the FG, then the TO, then the missed kick. The FG attempt barely missed. If they were 5 yards closer, it would have gone in. Regardless, how the hell do you get a delay of game penalty after killing the clock and having a TO to use?

This didn’t get much attention 2 weeks ago since they won, but Arians called back to back timeouts just before Carolina’s 4th down play which resulted in a delay of game penalty.  Because it was a 1/2 the distance penalty, the ball only moved from the 3 yard line to the 2. Still, a competent team would have made Tampa Bay pay for that mistake.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

I don’t mind the Giants winning, prove out that Eli has held them back for years. Don’t let them back into a top 5 pick in a good draft class.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Nashua Dad.
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

This didn’t get much attention 2 weeks ago since they won, but Arians called back to back timeouts just before Carolina’s 4th down play which resulted in a delay of game penalty. Because it was a 1/2 the distance penalty, the ball only moved from the 3 yard line to the 2. Still, a competent team would have made Tampa Bay pay for that mistake.

I have white-hot hate for Arians and his sycophantic fluffers, so watching him choke gives me tingles.

Coma
    Participant

Remember, in the preseason, when people compared Brady’s reaction to Hoyer throwing TD pass with his reaction to Stidham doing the same thing? Remember how it was supposed to signify Brady not liking Stidham as much or feeling threatened by him?

When Daniel Jones scored the game winning TD today, they showed Eli and he had no reaction, not even a smile. This will probably get 10% of the attention that Brady received over something in a meaningless game.

Coma
    Participant

We signed him thinking he could help, it turned out he’s a bigger idiot/anjerk than we realized so we moved on. How much more do they need to say?

I think the media is looking for a tearful apology, an admission of arrogance and a request for help from press to be a better person and coach. That won’t stop the criticism, but at least the media will know they broke Belichick.

Edited to add: The same people who are disgusted and outraged by Belichick and the Patriots for signing Antonio Brown are the ones who praised Tomlin and the Steelers for “managing” Brown for 9 years. No one is going back to see if the Steelers are accountable for anything or asking why none of theses salacious stories were covered extensively before.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Coma.
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

I think the media is looking for a tearful apology, an admission of arrogance and a request for help from press to be a better person and coach. That won’t stop the criticism, but at least the media will know they broke Belichick.

They’ll never get him, and it eats away at them every day.

Lefty

I am willing to bet real money that before they went live, BB said he would do the stand up but was not answering any AB questions.  That’s why the death stare when he was then asked the question live.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

This didn’t get much attention 2 weeks ago since they won, but Arians called back to back timeouts just before Carolina’s 4th down play which resulted in a delay of game penalty. Because it was a 1/2 the distance penalty, the ball only moved from the 3 yard line to the 2. Still, a competent team would have made Tampa Bay pay for that mistake.

I have white-hot hate for Arians and his sycophantic fluffers, so watching him choke gives me tingles.

Wow

“I just took it on purpose. He’s better back there. That field goal is easier back five yards,” Arians said. “We wanted to move the ball, put it in the middle and make it easier.”

Coma
    Participant

I am willing to bet real money that before they went live, BB said he would do the stand up but was not answering any AB questions. That’s why the death stare when he was then asked the question live.

I would not be surprised if that was the case. I’m hazy on the details, but, 4 or 5 years ago, Belichick said he wouldn’t speak on the field after a playoff loss. Steve Tasker or whoever the onfield reporter was was aware of this, but the studio hosts blasted Belichick for not doing the interview. I don’t know if the studio hosts were aware of the agreement, but there was never a clarification or retraction by them.

jforb
    Participant

Just turned on the radio, game is on. “Another sack for Donald. That’s his first of the year.”

Participant

Jeezus she’s marrying Grande.

Imagine how long winded his vows are gonna be?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Jeezus she’s marrying Grande.

Imagine how long winded his vows are gonna be?

I was trying to figure why they would get married in the fall, when they both are working.  All summer he’s sitting around with his thumb up his ass.

Viewing 18 posts - 176 through 193 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar