Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/17/2018 Daily Discussion Thread – You People Want To Be My Valuencers?

This topic contains 57 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

The 2018 Patriots season is over. The win over Houston was nice, but losing the Super Bowl to Jacksonville was a let down. At least the Celtics and Bruins are starting soon. There’s also, of course, postseason baseball, but we all know that will be a downer, too.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

It was a good run  :dry:

Cain’s TL is gold:

https://twitter.com/Gcain721/status/1041538106023927809?s=19

“Belichick didn’t do enough to extend the run! Seventeen years is unacceptable!”

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I vaguely remember one season starting off .500 early. For the life of me, I cant remember how that season ended. Probably with a nut crushing loss when the dynasty was over.  :wall:

Feejis
    Participant

10% smarter?

Is George underselling himself or does he not know how decimals work?

https://twitter.com/Gcain721/status/1041537733834014720?s=19

“I work in finance so stay with me.”   :lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bill should have traded Jimmy for 5 or 6 concussion-resistant defensive players. Some football genius he turned out to be.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Cain is a certified loon.

chicowalker
    Participant

he works in finance :blink:

related- mensa Matt tweeted recently about “his employees”  I would have been astounded to learn that he had a job at all, but a job with people that report to him? Anyone know what he does, besides suffawin succotash Jim Murray’s bag?

jforb
    Participant

I realize he means product placement but what a stupid sentence

I am not getting paid, and have never gotten paid, for anything I have written in the 22-year history of this column (including the previous iteration when it was Monday Morning Quarterback).

jforb
    Participant

Another stop sucking QB :pk:

k. You’ve got to be better than that, Joe Flacco.

Bill should have traded Jimmy for 5 or 6 concussion-resistant defensive players. Some football genius he turned out to be. :dry:

Speaking of which, Garoppolo yesterday helped improve the Pats’ compensation for him, as the Pats have Detroit’s 2019 second rounder. He can do the same against the Bears (Pats own Chicago’s 2019 third) in December.

NASCL
    Participant

Pretty confident that no woman has ever stayed with George Cain.

Coma
    Participant

Cain is a certified loon.

What doesn’t make sense about his tantrum today is that I’ve seen him respond to, for example, anti-Felger & Mazz tweets and agree that their act is terrible. I thought that maybe Cain had turned a corner and had a better perspective on things. What he’s saying now is exactly what you would hear from F&M, Adam Jones, and the other media trolls. Or maybe that just proves that he’s loon.

NASCL
    Participant

Joe Gill

Social Media Jedi + Founder Of #Valuencer + Blue Collar Guy In A White Collar Job + Field Staff Support + TA Strategist
    2d
    People ask “Joe, why do you copy yourself on all your emails?” 🤔 No I’m not vain, digitally talking to myself or have split personalities… My inbox is my to do list… This how I keep track of things… When each task is complete it goes into the appropriate folder.. Checks & balances.. A system I have used throughout my career.. Any time I can get my inbox below 40 it’s a victory… Below 30?! It’s a party! 🎉 Hope this tip helps you to be a little more organized! And makes your mountain of email manageable! hashtaggettingtoknowjoe hashtagtipoftheday hashtagorganization hashtagvaluencer hashtagtribevibes 🙌

NASCL
    Participant

Prior Post:  Video from LinkedIn.  Won’t post here.

“Checks and Balances”

chicowalker
    Participant

Any time I can get my heart rate below 140 it’s a victory… Below 130?! It’s a party!

Participant

I realize he means product placement but what a stupid sentence

I am not getting paid, and have never gotten paid, for anything I have written in the 22-year history of this column (including the previous iteration when it was Monday Morning Quarterback).

Ok, you’ve never gotten “paid” – have you received any “freebies” along the way?

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m going to use that in a work email today. I’m 10.000% smarter than you.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Chico’s post from Friday deserve a repost:

Valuencers! Mount up![Joe G:]
    It was a monday or a tuesday in the afternoon
    Joey G was on the couch, trying to consume
    Some tacos for late lunch, grubhub app
    They’ll be here in 30, time to take a nap

[Mrs. Gill:]
    Twelve hour shift, all on my feet
    My reward is to go home to Joey  G
    Watching old Bruins games on TV
    Have to make sure that our baby eats

[Joey G:]
    So I switch the game from Fortnite to halo
    Tweens talking smack so I say “Fine, let’s go!”
    I load my clip, and said “What’s up?”
    Here wifey pulling in so I said “I’m stuck.”

[mrs. Gill:]
    Walk in the house fucker’s got the nerve
    To ask me what time dinner’s being served
    Before I wring his neck have to find my child
    When I’m done on his ass Imma go buckwild

I’m wicked stahved, had to turn off my game
    I can’t believe she’s being so lame
    She cut my funds, we never had sex
    I looked at my wife and said “Damn, what’s next?”

The motherfucker don’t work and the house a mess
    He actually wants me to wear a Bruins dress
    If it wasn’t for the kid I’d go back to Laos
    Let him find another mail order spouse

She yellin’ all kinds of stuff
    I think I’m going down
    I can’t believe this happening in #titletown
    If I had skills I would work
    Let me think a bit
    I glanced at Linkedin and came up with this shit

100k in the bank, lawyer on the phone
    Mrs. Gill ’bout to leave this man-child alone
    Now he’s crying and yelling
    Doesn’t make no sense
    Make your own fucking money trying to valuence

Hacksaw
    Participant

Joe Gill

Social Media Jedi + Founder Of #Valuencer + Blue Collar Guy In A White Collar Job + Field Staff Support + TA Strategist
    2d
    People ask “Joe, why do you copy yourself on all your emails?” 🤔 No I’m not vain, digitally talking to myself or have split personalities… My inbox is my to do list… This how I keep track of things… When each task is complete it goes into the appropriate folder.. Checks & balances.. A system I have used throughout my career.. Any time I can get my inbox below 40 it’s a victory… Below 30?! It’s a party! 🎉 Hope this tip helps you to be a little more organized! And makes your mountain of email manageable! hashtaggettingtoknowjoe hashtagtipoftheday hashtagorganization hashtagvaluencer hashtagtribevibes 🙌

Also another way to make it in the workforce.

1. Type in caps so they know you mean it
    2. CC your manager and their manager on all things whether your are ratting them out or not
    3. Tag all emails as high important whether its a sports score or a loss of a client
    4. Return Receipt all emails

GETTING THINGS DONE! SO I CAN SURF ON THE COMPANY COMPUTER!

Coma
    Participant

He actually wants me to wear a Bruins dress

:lol:

With Gill, there’s a part of you that wants to feel sorry for this sad sack and his unrelenting losing streak. For instance, when talking about his four layoffs (!), he said something like, “That’s just the reality in business now.” Nothing he was doing wrong, just the reality. Everybody gets laid off four times, right? It made me think of Larry Miller in “Best in Show”:

“They all jump”

I mean this poor, hapless, self-deluded guy. But at the same time he’s this self-entitled asshole who’s absolutely convinced he possesses this narrative delivery gift, and that this pretentious, awkward buzzword portmanteau is his rocket to riches. His self image is a tad overvaluenced.

He called his discovery of the word an “epiphany”. I call it an “epiffleany”. Don’t use that, Joe; it’s trademarked.

Suzy
    Participant

With Gill, there’s a part of you that wants to feel sorry for this sad sack and his unrelenting losing streak. For instance, when talking about his four layoffs (!), he said something like, “That’s just the reality in business now.” Nothing he was doing wrong, just the reality. Everybody gets laid off four times, right? It made me think of Larry Miller in “Best in Show”:

“They all jump”

I mean this poor, hapless, self-deluded guy. But at the same time he’s this self-entitled asshole who’s absolutely convinced he possesses this narrative delivery gift, and that this pretentious, awkward buzzword portmanteau is his rocket to riches. His self image is a tad overvaluenced.

He called his discovery of the word an “epiphany”. I call it an “epiffleany”. Don’t use that, Joe; it’s trademarked.

Didn’t know our friend lost his TJ Maxx telemarketer job (or whatever he was doing there).  Poor, hard-luck Joe.

GusChiggins
    Participant

The blue collar guy in a white collar job line always cracks me up.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I saw Malcolm get beat good for a 40 yrd TD on the RedZone yesterday. Maybe Bill knows what he is doing after all. Still it’s the second time in the last 3 games that they have decided to sit Rowe down. :-(

BrianInLA
    Participant

First 4 games of the season are always an extended preseason for Bill. If they play this bad in week #12 then its a problem. Otherwise its the same thing we’ve seen year after year recently yet somehow 90% of the fanbase doesn’t remember that.

Coma
    Participant

The blue collar guy in a white collar job line always cracks me up.

That gets me also. Did he ever have a “blue collar” job or is that his romantic idea of what a real worker is? I’m guessing no on the job because he’d probably be on permanent disability within 3 months if he ever had to wear a hard hat to work.

jforb
    Participant

First 4 games of the season are always an extended preseason for Bill. If they play this bad in week #12 then its a problem. Otherwise its the same thing we’ve seen year after year recently yet somehow 90% of the fanbase doesn’t remember that.

Can’t keep doing that forever. One of these years, the rest of the division won’t be tomato cans and you won’t be able to just give up a couple games and expect to run away with the division caller. And when that happens, Bill the GM will have screwed Bill the coach.

The fact there’s such an overreaction to just one game shows there’s little consensus as to what the event will be that conclusively marks when the run is over.

Cain says 10-6, but the Patriots won their division at 10-6 in 2009  (seen, along with 2002 and 2005, as the lean years since Brady became starter). So what will be the sign? Not making the playoffs?

Every other team can have a down year without it turning into the apocalypse. Tomlin and Harbaugh have both had multiple 8-8 seasons (Harbaugh even had a 5-11 season) without people calling for their heads, but Belichick’s in danger if he goes 9-7?

From my perspective, it’s been house money since 49. They can go 6-10 and I won’t bitch. There’s a ton of shit that can go wrong: injuries, luck, calls, players slowing down with age, etc. I look at their roster and see how they can win, and see how they can lose; It could break either way. But I’ve seen enough of Belichick’s teams to know September won’t tell us a damned thing.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Whoa.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Hacksaw
    Participant

Once Gordon signs, the narrative of potential substance abuse relapse begins.

‘Sawr him at a restaurant drinking wine”

‘Started a fight at my VFW”

“Hangs out with one of Odin Lloyd’s friends”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

What the hell. Worth a shot.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

The fact there’s such an overreaction to just one game shows there’s little consensus as to what the event will be that conclusively marks when the run is over.

Cain says 10-6, but the Patriots won their division at 10-6 in 2009 (seen, along with 2002 and 2005, as the lean years since Brady became starter). So what will be the sign? Not making the playoffs?

Every other team can have a down year without it turning into the apocalypse. Tomlin and Harbaugh have both had multiple 8-8 seasons (Harbaugh even had a 5-11 season) without people calling for their heads, but Belichick’s in danger if he goes 9-7?

From my perspective, it’s been house money since 49. They can go 6-10 and I won’t bitch. There’s a ton of shit that can go wrong: injuries, luck, calls, players slowing down with age, etc. I look at their roster and see how they can win, and see how they can lose; It could break either way. But I’ve seen enough of Belichick’s teams to know September won’t tell us a damned thing.

I will never bitch as long as Belichick is running the show.  I’ll always default to he is smarter and more informed than me.  I’m scheduling my first real meltdown for just after their appearance on Hard Knocks early next decade when Baby John breaks the douchemeter.  As an aside I just finished Big Game.  The only guy who comes off worse than RKK is Jerry Jones.  He’s even more drunk and obnoxious than we thought.  Board-approved giant tumblers of Johnny Walker Blue feature prominently.  On second thought maybe RKK is worse.  He’s every bit the phoney you all pegged him as over the years.   TB would be our most hated athlete if he wore a different logo.  I still give it an overall thumbsup I’d recommend it to the board.

Whoa.

Man, I thought no fucking way. Thought he didn’t love the game enough for Belichick’s taste.

NASCL
    Participant

Saturday, 9:05 AM:  Larry Johnson saying he’d like to reach out to Josh Gordon pays $2.10.

Hacksaw
    Participant

What the hell. Worth a shot.

Hopefully he can do the end around play better than Cordarelle Patterson.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Once Gordon signs, the narrative of potential substance abuse relapse begins.

‘Sawr him at a restaurant drinking wine”

‘Started a fight at my VFW”

“Hangs out with one of Odin Lloyd’s friends”

Keep him away from Chandler Jones’ synthetic weed dealer.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’ve always loved Josh Gordon. I realize I’m in the minority on that but the guy has/had amazing talent. If they’ll take a flier on that fatfuck Albert Haynesworth they will take a try on anyone.

I’ve always loved Josh Gordon. I realize I’m in the minority on that but the guy has/had amazing talent. If they’ll take a flier on that fatfuck Albert Haynesworth they will take a try on anyone.

The Boy Who Loved Josh Gordon

Feejis
    Participant

Gordon was a terrific player. But it’s going to suck to root for him. He’s the kind of guy who will come in and ask Brady to change his jersey # so Josh can have it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I hated Moss before he came to NE. Then he became one of my favorite players. Granted its because they turned the NFL into a video game but whatever. If Josh sucks Bill will show him the door. If he doesn’t suck then hurray. First time he mouths off to Brady (which I can’t imagine ever happening) Gronk will pick him up and drop him on his head.

Dez has to be like “Hey guys! Over here. Guys?”

Feejis
    Participant

Dez was good in 2013 too, the last time Gordon was good.

Worth a flier for little return because why not? I’m just not expecting much.

Lefty

Gordon is on the books for $790K and the deal is up at the end of the year.   Dez would want more than that to answer the phone.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If the Josh Gordon thing is real, my reaction is based on the compensation.

Conditional 7th: Awesome! Great Move!

5th or 6th: OK, that’s fair.

4th or higher: WTF?!

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I believe he is under control for 2 years, both at low dollars. I’d pay a 4th – they have extra 2 and 3 next year.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Worth a shot. He would be a restricted free agent next year.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

@jimmysSeafood isn’t a fan of someone whose time working in Baltimore ended on a sour note.

Also, where is Chico’s song parody from?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar