Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/20/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Good to see the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree with Max Domi.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Not that I need another reason to hate the Yankee’s but the shit they do with the house lights after a home run makes me think my TV in on the fritz and it may be giving my kids epilepsy. :pk:

Lebron
    Participant

Brother John and Ozzie Has A Plan blaming equipment guys and that they ‘misunderstood the rule’ applying during the preseason.  What?  Why wouldn’t it apply?  What other rules are applied only in preseason such that you would even think that?  Also, last I check misinterpreting a rule is still cause for stripping a pick and fining the coach as well as the team.

Nick B
    Participant

Good to see the Red Sox not giving these shady guys anything. the whole thing seems fishy to begin with.”hey Look, its the Red Sox Division Winner Banner, quick lets call the TV Stations instead of just driving over to Fenway and Giving it back.”

jforb
    Participant

Almost a Coach crowing about 9000 yet? Interesting bump of 25 out of nowhere yesterday.

jforb
    Participant

Yes he is, with what looks like a dildo to me

GusChiggins
    Participant

Love Skip saying Belichick ‘clearly believes’ something.

Feejis
    Participant

There’s no doubt he’s still counting non-renewals in his numbers, right?

jforb
    Participant

It’s never gone down.

Lifetime up to 104 too, I don’t track that so don’t know when the last 3 came in.

Humphrey
    Participant

Not that I need another reason to hate the Yankee’s but the shit they do with the house lights after a home run makes me think my TV in on the fritz and it may be giving my kids epilepsy. :pk:

Boy, I can see why you might blame Price (or whoever) for leaving a couple balls out over the plate….but those were the cheapest home runs imaginable. All between 340 and 345 feet. I don’t think any of them would have even carried over the right fielder’s head in Fenway or pretty much any place else.

My only knock on Price was walking 2 guys after the first homer, leading to 2 more runs after Nunez’ error.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Humphrey.

Feejis
    Participant

It’s never gone down.

Lifetime up to 104 too, I don’t track that so don’t know when the last 3 came in.

It could keep going up if new subscriptions outweigh non renewals, but I can’t imagine that is the case. Would have expected a significant drop at the anniversary date.

chicowalker
    Participant

Anyone watching The Purge tv show? it’s ok, but not the point.  One of the the plot points is this cult that drives around on purge night offering up members to the mob, as a means of cleansing their souls.  One of the girls on the bus is the child of two people killed during the original purge.  When her time is approaching, she appears tentative, so the rest of the people on the bus start a chant reflecting her exalted status as a member of an Original Martyr Family. I’d like to think that brain dead cultists chanting “OMF! OMF! OMF!” doubles as the fever dream of Ordway as he ignores the inevitable road-grading his show will receive by the equally awful Felger and Mazz.

RedSeat
    Participant

Brother John and Ozzie Has A Plan blaming equipment guys and that they ‘misunderstood the rule’ applying during the preseason. What? Why wouldn’t it apply? What other rules are applied only in preseason such that you would even think that? Also, last I check misinterpreting a rule is still cause for stripping a pick and fining the coach as well as the team.

What about the players? I’d guess they were at least generally aware of the fact that they had  a fucking speaker in their helmets.

Coma
    Participant

Brother John and Ozzie Has A Plan blaming equipment guys and that they ‘misunderstood the rule’ applying during the preseason. What? Why wouldn’t it apply? What other rules are applied only in preseason such that you would even think that? Also, last I check misinterpreting a rule is still cause for stripping a pick and fining the coach as well as the team.

Add in the fact that they are repeat offenders and not some incident from a few years ago. They were penalized for a violation of the OTA rules earlier this summer and that was their 3rd or 4th violation of that nature in the last 5 years. The “serial cheater” label somehow eludes them, though.

If only some journalist was brave enough to ask why there’s such a wide disparity between how the league handles rules violations for 31 teams and how things are handled with the Patriots.

GusChiggins
    Participant

John Clayton could pay me and I still would subscribe to his site.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Who the fuck needs and Alexa controlled microwave?

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Add in the fact that they are repeat offenders and not some incident from a few years ago. They were penalized for a violation of the OTA rules earlier this summer and that was their 3rd or 4th violation of that nature in the last 5 years. The “serial cheater” label somehow eludes them, though.

If only some journalist was brave enough to ask why there’s such a wide disparity between how the league handles rules violations for 31 teams and how things are handled with the Patriots.

They’re not good enough for anyone to care and also their head coach is high on the refreshing meter.

RedSeat
    Participant

With the modified deal guaranteeing a 7th round pick back, the cost of the deal is simply to move back from (most likely) the end of the 5th round to (again, most likely) the beginning of the 7th. So from about pick 150-160 to pick 195-205.

If you look back at actual players taken in those ranges over the past 15 years, the results are, not surprisingly, a crapshoot. One standout player in each group (Dick Sherman, Antonio Brown) and a handful of serviceable players with no real distinction between either group of players. If anything, a slight edge to players taken later.

So in short, Pete King should fuck off. And don’t pretend it’s a moral issue.

rclane
    Participant

Who the fuck needs and Alexa controlled microwave?

As soon as Alexa can carry a bowl of freshly microwaved orbs to the couch, Larry Johnson.

jforb
    Participant

Why don’t I remember Rapistburger getting pestered about his friendship with Trump?

Lebron
    Participant

Good to note he was prowling around that Tahoe hotel a few years before raping that one girl.  I forgot in that Georgia case the investigating officer had a pic taken with him earlier in the evening.  Surprise surprise sorry not enough evidence.  Pete says he was never charged though so he’s a good guy.

Suzy
    Participant

Good to note he was prowling around that Tahoe hotel a few years before raping that one girl. I forgot in that Georgia case the investigating officer had a pic taken with him earlier in the evening. Surprise surprise sorry not enough evidence. Pete says he was never charged though so he’s a good guy.

Fatty is so dysfunctional and creepy–unreal and disheartening that anyone takes his ignorant, high-horse crap seriously at this point. Posters here do good work on Twitter calling him out, but it continues to amaze me that he’s not more widely exposed for the utter windbag fraud he is.

Sox clinch the division.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Boegaerts will have 100 RBIs this year.

Betts is better than Mike “JJ Watts of baseball” Trout.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

With the modified deal guaranteeing a 7th round pick back, the cost of the deal is simply to move back from (most likely) the end of the 5th round to (again, most likely) the beginning of the 7th. So from about pick 150-160 to pick 195-205.

If you look back at actual players taken in those ranges over the past 15 years, the results are, not surprisingly, a crapshoot. One standout player in each group (Dick Sherman, Antonio Brown) and a handful of serviceable players with no real distinction between either group of players. If anything, a slight edge to players taken later.

So in short, Pete King should fuck off. And don’t pretend it’s a moral issue.

Isn’t EVERYTHING a moral issue with him?

BTW, regarding Breer on TV — I’d rather watch the McLean Stevenson show.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What’s the scuttlebutt on Kay Adams that LAMFO — oops, OMF — is tittering about?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar