Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/22-23/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 45 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Josh Gordon era begins, and possibly ends, on Sunday!

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

The gods have smiled on all you family men – perfect weather plus Sunday night game = no-conflict apple-picking day!

Coma
    Participant

Franchise record tying win for the Red Sox last night. I’m sure Adam Jones has pointed out that the other 105 win team only lost 47 games. I wonder if people in 1912 were bitching about the pitching staff. Or were they still abuzz about the Titanic and trouble on the horizon with the Kaiser?

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Traffic lady on NBCBoston. Breathtaking, indeed :lol: :wub: :pk:

Hacksaw
    Participant

GREAT ASS!

jforb
    Participant

The gods have smiled on all you family men – perfect weather plus Sunday night game = no-conflict apple-picking day!

Think everyone took that advice, over 3 hours to get to Otis leaving at noon, barely two to get home. :ozzy:

Tom Pepper
    Participant

GREAT ASS!

Haha she took down the pic

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I have to agree with Chatham here:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bills resurgence!

Coma
    Participant

Super Bowl hangover for the Jaguars.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Doesn’t seem like it’s the Texans’ year.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Oh no, Jimmy G!

Humphrey
    Participant

All that Jimmy G interminable shit and he blows his knee out. So let’s roll out the EGA Blame Pie, who’s fault was it: Bill, Tommy or Robert?

Coma
    Participant

All that Jimmy G interminable shit and he blows his knee out. So let’s roll out the EGA Blame Pie, who’s fault was it: Bill, Tommy or Robert?

Why won’t the narrative be that Belichick fleeced the 49ers by getting a second round pick for an injury prone backup?

Oh, never mind. I forgot.

Unrelated, but the Colts pulled Luck on the final play so Brissett could throw a 50 yard hail mary. Great job of managing his injury by the Colts organization. They now have late career Chad Pennington running their offense.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Upon further consideration a second round pick was fair compensation.

Humphrey
    Participant

Why won’t the narrative be that Belichick fleeced the 49ers by getting a second round pick for an injury prone backup?

Oh, never mind. I forgot.

Unrelated, but the Colts pulled Luck on the final play so Brissett could throw a 50 yard hail mary. Great job of managing his injury by the Colts organization. They now have late career Chad Pennington running their offense.

I did notice before that play Luck was “changing speeds” quite a bit. Not surprised he can’t throw it that far.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Hope Jimmy is ok. It’s too bad the media in this town wants us to root against.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Natasha Verma

Considering what is up on her feed, that pic must be something else.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Jesus, Gammons.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

jforb
    Participant

That’s almost as dumb as Nick

One of the most interesting items in the unauthorized biography of Bill Belichick, by Ian O’Connor, was the revelation that Carroll Hardy was the player personnel director of the Denver Broncos for almost 20 years. Hardy was a pinch hitter for the Red Sox and famous for three things involving Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski. In September of the 1960 season, Williams fouled a ball off his foot and Hardy had to complete the at-bat and lined into a double play. And then after Williams’s final at-bat on Sept. 28 at Fenway, when he homered against Orioles reliever Jack Fisher, Hardy replaced him in left field so he could run off the field and be cheered for the final time. Hardy also pinch-hit for Yastrzemski the following May in Yaz’s rookie year.

Don’t know why that’s interesting and don’t know how he learned that from the book.

Yahtzee
    Participant

And how was it a revelation?

This was Mark Felt-level intel for Nick.

Big Fat O
    Participant

So will Felger use the same logic that the Pats should draft players who dont get injured saying the 49ers should have known Jimmy would get hurt and not traded for him.

jforb
    Participant

Is there a difference between down 11 and 12? Why did Dallas kick there instead of go for 2?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Cmon Brian Fellows get the defense working!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar