Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/23/2019 – 9/29/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 219 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 220 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Patriots owe us an explanation for why they only won by 16.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Did the Quarterback Whisperer take credit for Daniel Jones’ performance yesterday. Surely he told him something pregame.

Love seeing the Cubs lose four at home to their top rival and end their playoff chances.

5 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Hey all you tourists, leave the walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to people that live here.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

When you are agreeing with Mittens…..

Lebron
    Participant

The Dana Jacobsen bit yesterday reminded me of Bonnie Bernstein after the 2003 national championship game Kansas v. Syracuse.  The North Carolina job had recently opened up and Bernstein told Roy Williams she was going to ask him about it before they went to air and Roy expressed his displeasure that she would ask.  Of course she asked and Roy’s response on live tv was I don’t give a shit about North Carolina.  That went live over the air and of course everyone was appalled at Roy’s curmudgeonly behavior.  She had to ask!  Poor Bonnie!  Why did she have to ask?  It’s a post game interview, the purpose of the interview is to talk specifically about that game.  It’s not a wide ranging sit down or a press conference.  It’s a 2 or 3 question session breaking down what just happened in the last 2 or 3 hours.  Same with Bill yesterday, not sure if it was pre or post game but the purpose of the questions is supposed to be about the game at hand or the game that just happened.  So spare me the bullshit oh my god Dana you’re such a hero.  No, the more admirable behavior would have been to resist the scripted urge to ask the question and actually ask the relevant questions and fulfill the purpose of the interview.

4 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

When you are agreeing with Mittens…..

His “evidence” appears to be that Brown took first team reps the day he was cut. Wouldn’t it create a bad situation if they do something that makes it obvious that he’s about to be cut?

chicowalker
    Participant

I had them -21 but had to leave where I was watching because the host drunkenly flipped out on another person there and I am too old for this shit.  We were behind on the dvr so when I got in the car I got postgame, not the 37-0 win/cover I hoped for but some 30-14 bullshit.  So they owe me one, yes :ozzy: :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

I had them -21 but had to leave where I was watching because the host drunkenly flipped out on another person there and I am too old for this shit. We were behind on the dvr so when I got in the car I got postgame, not the 37-0 win/cover I hoped for but some 30-14 bullshit. So they owe me one, yes :ozzy::lol:

I thought I was sitting pretty with Tampa up by 18.  Didn’t work out that way.

GusChiggins
    Participant

The Dana Jacobsen bit yesterday reminded me of Bonnie Bernstein after the 2003 national championship game Kansas v. Syracuse. The North Carolina job had recently opened up and Bernstein told Roy Williams she was going to ask him about it before they went to air and Roy expressed his displeasure that she would ask. Of course she asked and Roy’s response on live tv was I don’t give a shit about North Carolina. That went live over the air and of course everyone was appalled at Roy’s curmudgeonly behavior. She had to ask! Poor Bonnie! Why did she have to ask? It’s a post game interview, the purpose of the interview is to talk specifically about that game. It’s not a wide ranging sit down or a press conference. It’s a 2 or 3 question session breaking down what just happened in the last 2 or 3 hours. Same with Bill yesterday, not sure if it was pre or post game but the purpose of the questions is supposed to be about the game at hand or the game that just happened. So spare me the bullshit oh my god Dana you’re such a hero. No, the more admirable behavior would have been to resist the scripted urge to ask the question and actually ask the relevant questions and fulfill the purpose of the interview.

Did Doris ask K. Leonard something after the Finals? Here’s a guy who just reached the top of his profession with his team and has to answer that question. It boggles my mind.

Participant

Didn’t see it but I’m sure the sideline reporter at the Pitt game asked Cowher about it as well….. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Really enjoying the Browns implosion more than I thought I would.  I wouldn’t let Freddie Kitchens in my house to fix the furnace.

5 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

No idea why the Browns didn’t challenge the obvious PI late in the game. At first they tried to brush it off as “no big deal. 2nd and 9 versus 3rd and 9” and then even Collinsworth sort of caught on that “Hey, an extra down with this craptastic offense might be a good thing with very little risk…”.

Between that and Tampa purposely taking a penalty to move their own kicker back 5 yards and miss the winning kick its just sad what/who gets put in place as coaches of these teams because they’re nice guys and the media loves them.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I have a feeling that after the Pats put a hurting on the Browns the media will have turned on this team and be calling for Kitchen’s head. They probably already have.

Lebron
    Participant

Further enjoyed Mayfield getting creamed.  He fucking blows.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

No idea why the Browns didn’t challenge the obvious PI late in the game. At first they tried to brush it off as “no big deal. 2nd and 9 versus 3rd and 9” and then even Collinsworth sort of caught on that “Hey, an extra down with this craptastic offense might be a good thing with very little risk…”.

Between that and Tampa purposely taking a penalty to move their own kicker back 5 yards and miss the winning kick its just sad what/who gets put in place as coaches of these teams because they’re nice guys and the media loves them.

Love Kangol saying he took the penalty on purpose to give his kicker an advantage, like a goalie giving up fat rebounds!

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was listening to Westwood One radio at that point, and they were incredulous they didn’t challenge it.

chicowalker wrote:

I had them -21 but had to leave where I was watching because the host drunkenly flipped out on another person there and I am too old for this shit. We were behind on the dvr so when I got in the car I got postgame, not the 37-0 win/cover I hoped for but some 30-14 bullshit. So they owe me one, yes :ozzy::lol:

I thought I was sitting pretty with Tampa up by 18.  Didn’t work out that way.

NASCL
    Participant

The board already has a furnace guy.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Further enjoyed Mayfield getting creamed. He fucking blows.

Someone on Twitter posted him saying shitty things about Jones back when he was drafted. Pretty sure it wasn’t parody. Like Mayfield’s proved so much he could criticize. Why would you want to be a dick about the guy anyhow, who the fuck are you.

BrianInLA
    Participant

In thinking back I honestly believe that Kitchen didn’t realize the difference of not challenging that PI versus challenging it. Since it would have been offsetting penalties he probably didn’t realize that it would matter and the down would be done over. It was 2nd and 9, they got called for an illegal shift on a pass play where there was an obvious PI but no flag and the Rams declined the penalty to make it 3rd and 9. If they review it and its offsetting then its 2nd and 9 as the Rams cant decline the penalty as it would have given the Browns a first down.

At first even the announcers said “Ya, it would be offsetting so why bother as it doesn’t matter” and I’m yelling at the tv “Of course it matters!” and then Collinsworth realizes “Oh ya, it does matter after all” but by then they had run another play. The game moves pretty fast for these new coaches I guess. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

The board already has a furnace guy.

Wouldn’t trust anyone else.   Like someone trying to bump Jimmy Rebhorn off the top.  Not gonna happen.

Lebron
    Participant

Further enjoyed Mayfield getting creamed. He fucking blows.

Someone on Twitter posted him saying shitty things about Jones back when he was drafted. Pretty sure it wasn’t parody. Like Mayfield’s proved so much he could criticize. Why would you want to be a dick about the guy anyhow, who the fuck are you.

It wasn’t.  He claimed it was taken out of context but “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones at 5.  Blows my mind” is pretty much what it is.

Lebron
    Participant

In thinking back I honestly believe that Kitchen didn’t realize the difference of not challenging that PI versus challenging it. Since it would have been offsetting penalties he probably didn’t realize that it would matter and the down would be done over. It was 2nd and 9, they got called for an illegal shift on a pass play where there was an obvious PI but no flag and the Rams declined the penalty to make it 3rd and 9. If they review it and its offsetting then its 2nd and 9 as the Rams cant decline the penalty as it would have given the Browns a first down.

At first even the announcers said “Ya, it would be offsetting so why bother as it doesn’t matter” and I’m yelling at the tv “Of course it matters!” and then Collinsworth realizes “Oh ya, it does matter after all” but by then they had run another play. The game moves pretty fast for these new coaches I guess. :lol:

Kitchens is another one of these first time coaches who thinks it’s all about one side of the ball and “play callin'”  and he ignores the actual job of being a head coach.  He didn’t run it when he had 3 timeouts either because he wanted to just keep passing.  Hey coach your QB isn’t having a great night and he’s been getting hammered and is trying to turn straight forward plays into scramble then get hammered or make a terrible on the run throw plays.  Nah, just keep monster throttlin’.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Should he have called the first timeout when he did?  If they had failed to score and kept all 3 timeouts, could they have forced a punt from the end zone (assuming there wasn’t an INT like there was)?

Lebron
    Participant

I thought about the timeouts defensively as well, if they’re pinned at the one you should get the ball back in decent field position and some time, but then I thought hold on this is the full of themselves this is just like a video game Browns no way they are thinking that.

Coma
    Participant

There’s other officiating mistakes that will get more attention, like missing the Eagles kick returner having his helmet pulled off by it’s facemask, but a Jets defensive lineman being credited for a pass defensed on the same play Brady was called for intentional grounding was a nice contradiction.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar