Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/23/2019 – 9/29/2019 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 219 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 220 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

National talking point is the Patriots are now going to struggle offensively with Develin out, Edelman and Gordon nicked, and Michel flat out sucking.  The jig is up.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“The Patriots’ offense is ‘Team X’!”

:lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

National talking point is the Patriots are now going to struggle offensively with Develin out, Edelman and Gordon nicked, and Michel flat out sucking. The jig is up.

All that and Easterby.

jforb
    Participant

Pete really is a shill. On the Russo segment he says “Chris, you should read my column” when talking about some bullshit hot take, then in the column I’ve noticed lately he now has a link to PFF to get a subscription. What a fat whore.

That’s not terribly new. Both the PFF ad and him being a shill.

Lebron
    Participant

I’ve only seen the link the past couple or 3 columns.  But I could easily be blowing by it.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Mittens really has shit for brains. Using his logic Jimmy G would be gone and they keep Brisset. Jimmy had more potential so he stays. BB wasn’t keeping 2 backups so one had to go.

BB deserves credit for drafting good QBs but that will never happen.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

ESPN must have gotten a fresh payoff from the Ball family, pimping that LaMelo kid on every platform.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The Cubs have lost five one-run games in a row to play themselves out of the playoff picture. At home. Poor Joe. Not to mention $58 million for Kimbrel who almost single handily torpedoed them and his numbers are incredibly awful.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I loved watching the Cubs go down the drain, same with the Phillies.

They should bring Theo back to draft/build up the farm only.  They should send him on a forced vacation the day after the Series through the signing of every last free agent, then allow him back in the building.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Cody Kessler?

Participant

“Not making the playoffs means I’ll have extra time to do so many more interesting things this offseason.  I could fill all of your notebooks in spring training.”

Sports Uncorked.Com

6 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Wife’s birthday Monday, so based on grandparent’s babysitting availability- will be at a Sunday, 1:00 PM screening of Downton Abbey.  Where does that rank on the apple picking scale?*

*I watched the show and enjoyed it :ph34r:

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wife’s birthday Monday, so based on grandparent’s babysitting availability- will be at a Sunday, 1:00 PM screening of Downton Abbey. Where does that rank on the apple picking scale?*

Every single appearance of the D.A. movie trailer drives me screaming out of the room.  <BRITISH COMEDY ALERT> The best thing about “Downton” was the Red Nose Day parody that French & Saunders (creators of Ab Fab) did after the first season. </BRITISH COMEDY ALERT> And, from what I hear, the first season was the high point of the series, writing wise. The smartest guy IMHO was the romantic-lead actor — the guy who miraculously rose from his wheelchair after his Great War wound had left him paralyzed — who said he wanted out of the series and they killed him off in a car crash. He’s working in a lot of movies.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

They should bring Theo back to draft/build up the farm only. They should send him on a forced vacation the day after the Series through the signing of every last free agent, then allow him back in the building.

Alex Speier has a long piece in TBP today speculating about a (slim) chance that Epstein would come back to Boston.  One upside would be that many of our old members who used to take sides in the pro- and anti-Theo feuds of the last decade might come back to the board. I know some of you may be thinking “good riddance,” but, at this point, more than 35 voices a week on the main board would constitute a major renaissance.

Coma
    Participant

The Red Sox won their 82nd game last night, guaranteeing they will finish above .500. I think it’s safe to declare this season a success!

On a different note, USA rugby plays their first match of the World Cup tomorrow morning at 6:30 against England. I’m hoping for a respectable showing in defeat.

Suzy
    Participant

They should bring Theo back to draft/build up the farm only. They should send him on a forced vacation the day after the Series through the signing of every last free agent, then allow him back in the building.

Speaking of the Phillies, overpaid and overrated Bryce Harper was pretty quick to throw Gabe Kapler under the bus:

What would Harper say if his opinion on Kapler was sought?

“I think that’s a conversation that if it needs to be had, then it will be had,” he said. “But at this point, he’s our manager and I think all of the guys in this clubhouse back him with what he does every single day as a manager. The staff that we do have with Rob Thomson, and Paco (Figueroa), Dusty (Wathan) and everyone on down. If that conversation needs to be had, that’s way over my head. There’s guys above me that make those decisions. If we do need to have that conversation, I’ll be all ears.”

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Wife’s birthday Monday, so based on grandparent’s babysitting availability- will be at a Sunday, 1:00 PM screening of Downton Abbey. Where does that rank on the apple picking scale?*

This is terrible, 5 apples out of 5. Just for the fact you have alone time and you’re wasting it in a dark theatre.

Lebron
    Participant

I think the last movie I went to was The Hangover, and I punished my wife by putting down a 12 pack and passing out.  She also tried taking me to a musical once, Wicked.  I got obliterated at the bar and passed out.  I hate going to the movies.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I actually want to see the movie, but i’ll wait for video.  I can’t stand to be jammed into a theater of Hingham hausfrau for 2 hours.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Speaking of the Phillies, overpaid and overrated Bryce Harper was pretty quick to throw Gabe Kapler under the bus:

“I think that’s a conversation that if it needs to be had, then it will be had,” he said. “But at this point, he’s our manager and I think all of the guys in this clubhouse back him with what he does every single day as a manager. The staff that we do have with Rob Thomson, and Paco (Figueroa), Dusty (Wathan) and everyone on down. If that conversation needs to be had, that’s way over my head. There’s guys above me that make those decisions. If we do need to have that conversation, I’ll be all ears.”

“If we do need to have that conversation, I’ll be all ears.”

:pk: maybe slug higher than .500, if you’re going after people like that.

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

This is terrible, 5 apples out of 5. Just for the fact you have alone time and you’re wasting it in a dark theatre.

considering that all 4 of my in-laws had some sort of say in my vasectomy (wife brings it up to her mother :ohmy:   and MiL- retired nurse- recognizes the dr.  Wife’s stepfather calls me and I have the most painful conversation of my life as he laid out his concerns about said dr due to him having fucked up some prostate issue of his. Wife’s father is my ride to/from surgery. And finally wife’s stepmom- nurse practitioner at a urology office, loudly- “why didn’t you come to me with this! we could have done it at my office!) asking my inlaws to babysit so we can go for a test ride is a bit too close to home considering it was only a week ago :lol:

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  chicowalker.

Suzy
    Participant

*I watched the show and enjoyed it :ph34r:<noscript>:ph34r:</noscript><noscript>:ph34r:</noscript>

considering that all 4 of my in-laws had some sort of say in my vasectomy (wife brings it up to her mother :ohmy: and MiL- retired nurse- recognizes the dr. Wife’s stepfather calls me and I have the most painful conversation of my life as he laid out his concerns about said dr due to him having fucked up some prostate issue of his. Wife’s father is my ride to/from surgery. And finally wife’s stepmom- nurse practitioner at a urology office, loudly- “why didn’t you come to me with this! we could have done it at my office!) asking my inlaws to babysit so we can go for a test ride is a bit too close to home considering it was only a week ago :lol:

Dear God :lol: :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

“If we do need to have that conversation, I’ll be all ears.”

:pk: maybe slug higher than .500, if you’re going after people like that.

Right? Plus they had injuries and other issues that Kapler had zero control over. It’s that last, cunty line that kills me. Harper is such an asshole.

chicowalker
    Participant

Suzy, worse and more awkward than how it reads, if possible :blink: :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Suzy, worse and more awkward than how it reads, if possible :blink: :lol:

No way… :ohmy: :lol:

ETA: You gotta laugh, and you do. Love that!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar