Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/26/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Big Fat O 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

Nada

Yahtzee
    Participant

Long time, no thread start, Nick.  Welcome back.

Genius Joe’s Cubs stumbling down the stretch. Hope the Brewers pass them.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Everything Patriots (and everything else, I guess) is so toxic right now, I’ve pretty much checked out on everything. I don’t even have the energy to be snarky on Twitter. It sucks and it makes the greatest city in the world lousy. You lost Curran, the Athletic is getting infected with Don Banks and Buck. I’ve just given up.

God forbid the Red Sox lose Game 1.

jforb
    Participant

Long time, no thread start, Nick. Welcome back.

His “why would I want to read the domestic abuse allegations made about my player” comments are going over well.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

Lebron
    Participant

I’ve been downgraded to casual observer of the NFL.   If it’s on, eh, it’s on, and I certainly don’t plan around it.  More interested in the NL playoff stuff.  Actually watched a little preseason hockey.

Speaking of NFL I see Hannah Storm is going to call the Thursday night games for Amazon Prime, or she’s one of the options you can choose if you hate Buck/Aikman enough or the British/Spanish broadcasts.  Guess the public histrionics over how she was going to explain to her daughter that the NFL condones wife/girlfriend beatings was assuaged with a fucking paycheck.

Participant

@tomecurran Thanks bud. This is a huge game on Sunday. https://twitter.com/mattframingham/status/1044745335401316352

chicowalker
    Participant

re: Baseball ref. tweeting that the Sox pen WAR is the best in baseball.  I don’t know enough about advanced stats to argue the merits for/against WAR, but I do know enough to not make the “what is it good for?” joke like app. 98% of the pantloads responding on Twitter.  They all can’t possibly thing they’re the first one making the joke “joke”, can they? And for those who don’t think so, uh, why? And my friends ask me why I haven’t (and will not) signed up for twitter

Suzy
    Participant

Long time, no thread start, Nick. Welcome back.

His “why would I want to read the domestic abuse allegations made about my player” comments are going over well.

Joe always protects his players! Bill would die before he’d say something like this. What a douche.

Russell was placed on seven-day administrative leave last Friday before the Cubs lost to the White Sox. Maddon admitted afterwards the Russell news contributed to the Cubs’ performance.

“It’s hard to say that it didn’t,” manager Joe Maddon said. “You walk into the locker room, there’s a much different buzz going on outside of the actual game itself. We did have to meet as a group to talk about things, and again, we did get in at 6 o’clock in the morning the day before, so (it) was just one of those days.”

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Typical Joe, excuses excuses.

Doncabesa
    Participant

Shit, just one of those seasons.

NASCL
    Participant

Shit, just one of those seasons.

More touches for epic bust, stiff, JAG, never-denied-killing a drifter Sony Michel.

TwoTimes
    Participant

Chico’s not Sal?

chicowalker
    Participant

Not being coy at all, I’ve never tweeted one time.  I set up a burner so WW2 felger could send me the audio of him fat shaming Bertrand after a pats game, I listened and deleted the account after

Yahtzee
    Participant

More interested in the NL playoff stuff. Actually watched a little preseason hockey.

Should be a great weekend for NL Central, West and wildcard.

Lebron
    Participant

More interested in the NL playoff stuff. Actually watched a little preseason hockey.

Should be a great weekend for NL Central, West and wildcard.

Wife pulled a ‘wouldn’t that be great?’ moment yesterday when she said someone offered her 4 tickets for the Rockies-Nationals tilt Saturday night which is also a fireworks game.  I was already struggling with Penn St.-Brohio St. or grabbing a ticket for Greta Van Fleet.  I threw out Sunday would be better I’ll grab some tix to stave that off.  And I’m leaning toward GVF.

Lebron
    Participant

Love how Maddon throws in the boo hoo we didn’t get in until 6.  Same with Rizzo a few weeks back ha ha I’m wearing my uni on the plane this makeup game stuff is hard joke.  I fucking hate the Cubs.

Lebron
    Participant

I love how the NFL is so shitty they’re reduced to ripping off college gimmicks.   Dirk Koetter not naming his starting QB.  Plot twist!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Oof, the Bentley news blows.

Coma
    Participant

He works in finance.

I don’t work in finance, but it doesn’t seem like the issue is the Kraft’s finding more money, it’s that there’s a cap on what they can spend.

Lebron
    Participant

Oof, the Bentley news blows.

I see they signed some guy named James Simon.  Not sure if he’s the by the book straight laced brother or the Vietnam vet loose cannon brother.  Now if you’ll excuse me I’m off to down a gallon of Clorox.

Participant

Participant

I only hope the Athletic folds because they hired this fvcko…… Personally insulted?  Fvck you, you motherfvcking sniveling harpy – here comes your fvcking hero Showalter on another trip to the mound that fvck invented the game.  You suck, you’ve always sucked, you will always suck.

“”I’m all in favor of the pitch clock,” stated Buckley. “Get the damn ball and throw it. I was personally insulted by what I saw from Josh Beckett the last couple of years he was with the Red Sox. He would walk off the mound like the whole thing was beneath him and he’d stand there with a big sulky face and didn’t give a rat’s ass what look that was presenting to fans. ”

Lebron
    Participant

JFC.  If you start taking sports personal then stop watching them.  If you want to say I don’t like so and so because of some habit – Lebron acting like he got shot for example – whatever.  Taking it personal?  Why would you take it personal?  You didn’t invent the sport and no one nominated you to be its guardian or sole interpreter of rules and etiquette.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar