Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/29-9/30/2018 Weekend Discussion Thread

This topic contains 50 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Squish the Fish!

Starfucker Kraft can’t keep his fucking trap shut:

Gee, I can’t understand why the other owners would ever want to knock him down a few pegs.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I’m wondering how much day to day Mr. Kraft is really involved. I would think Jonathan is running the show. If only Mr. Kraft just spent his days tending the backyard vineyard like the Don in GF1.

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m wondering how much day to day Mr. Kraft is really involved. I would think Jonathan is running the show. If only Mr. Kraft just spent his days tending the backyard vineyard like the Don in GF1.

Shank would have you believe he’ll meet his end not like the Don but more like Philip Tattaglia (in bed with a young girl).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Re-read Puzo’s novel for the first time in many years. What an over-written potboiler, but still a satisfying read.  (Page 27 never disappoints.  :ohmy: )  With Puzo sleeping with the fishes these days, Coppola says now that he thought the book was trashy — especially the Lucy Mancini anatomy subplot. Characters are in the book who are barely in GF1 or GF2 (Mancini, Al Neri) or not there at all (Nino Valenti, the Dean Martin to Fontane’s Sinatra). But you can see how FFC and Puzo brought GF1 to the screen, Coppola with his famous notebook where he rips out pages of the novel and annotates them. A lot of dialogue was very familiar. Robert Towne definitely did great work in writing the original scene, not in the book, where Michael and the Don have one last strategy session before the Don collapses in his garden. “There just wasn’t enough time, Michael.” “We’ll get there, pops.”  Also (no spoiler alerts for a 50-year-old book) in the novel, Kay leaves Michael right after Connie confronts him about Carlo’s murder (and Michael’s lie). She takes the kids to her folks’ house in New Hampshire, where Hagen shows up and, against all the rules, gives her the straight dope about why Carlo had to go. Kay decides to go back to Michael, in Vegas, only after converting to Catholicism and lights a candle every day at Mass to pray for his sinful soul.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Mean Mark(tm) vs TEC. A work? Or a BSMW Main Event?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Re-read Puzo’s novel for the first time in many years. What an over-written potboiler, but still a satisfying read. (Page 27 never disappoints. :ohmy: ) With Puzo sleeping with the fishes these days, Coppola says now that he thought the book was trashy — especially the Lucy Mancini anatomy subplot. Characters are in the book who are barely in GF1 or GF2 (Mancini, Al Neri) or not there at all (Nino Valenti, the Dean Martin to Fontane’s Sinatra). But you can see how FFC and Puzo brought GF1 to the screen, Coppola with his famous notebook where he rips out pages of the novel and annotates them. A lot of dialogue was very familiar. Robert Towne definitely did great work in writing the original scene, not in the book, where Michael and the Don have one last strategy session before the Don collapses in his garden. “There just wasn’t enough time, Michael.” “We’ll get there, pops.” Also (no spoiler alerts for a 50-year-old book) in the novel, Kay leaves Michael right after Connie confronts him about Carlo’s murder (and Michael’s lie). She takes the kids to her folks’ house in New Hampshire, where Hagen shows up and, against all the rules, gives her the straight dope about why Carlo had to go. Kay decides to go back to Michael, in Vegas, only after converting to Catholicism and lights a candle every day at Mass to pray for his sinful soul.

Puzo got screenwriter credit for Superman: The Movie, but the scuttlebutt was that they threw out almost everything in his early submitted draft. There was apparently some weird shit in there. like Superman saving the Pope.  :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Syracuse has some sort of magic juju against Clemson.

Yahtzee
    Participant

And, OSU fans are so distasteful they have driven me to root for Penn State.  Blech.

Lebron
    Participant

Kraft isn’t saying anything we haven’t said here.  I guess it’s just ok for us to say it but not him?  They’ve lost picks been fined and still made 5 SBs winning 2 since this stuff started.  If they’re trying to knock him down a peg it’s not working.  Keep trying.  Are we supposed to be scared?  Be quiet Robert or the other big bad owners are going to get you?

Lebron
    Participant

I hope Urban Meyer gets a heart attack for real this time.

Starfucker Kraft can’t keep his fucking trap shut:

Gee, I can’t understand why the other owners would ever want to knock him down a few pegs.

I fucked up which PFT tweet to post. I saw it earlier this morning, meant to post it, then lost it in the shuffle. So I looked up “@profootballtalk kraft envy” and pulled up the wrong tweet. Here’s the relevant one:

Kraft doing the “envy and jealousy” line in May 2017 is justifiable (although I think February’s the real justifiable margin, and May’s pushing it). His team just won a Super Bowl after the league railroaded his quarterback for four games. He’s entitled to a little fuck-you-and-kindly-kiss-my-ass boasting.

But still doing that song and dance 16 months later? That’s like him retelling the “schmuck” story to anyone who’ll listen.

Lebron
    Participant

He’s not calling press conferences or holding court.  He was on a CNBC segment.  And if you read what he said he answers a question and touches on it.  Not droning on about it.  Bill called a press conference following the air pressure in footballs and brought in references to the videotaping from the wrong spot, were you upset about that?

Lebron
    Participant

That Ryder Cup was a shitshow.  Tiger 0-4, Phil 0-2.  They need to figure out fourball and foursome pairings, seems like Furyk was throwing guys out there with no plan.  Or why Reed only played 3 matches.  Guy like that should get run out there 5 times unless he’s full on sucking.

Participant

That Ryder Cup was a shitshow. Tiger 0-4, Phil 0-2. They need to figure out fourball and foursome pairings, seems like Furyk was throwing guys out there with no plan. Or why Reed only played 3 matches. Guy like that should get run out there 5 times unless he’s full on sucking.

But Phil and Tiger are names I know.  #Weaponz

TJM
    Participant

:wub: That’s more like it

Nashua Dad
    Participant

You’re not cheating you’re not trying lol. Let’s remember that one Rich Gannon.

TJM
    Participant

Ball! And touchdown

TJM
    Participant

So it’s like we all said last week we love michel

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  TJM.

Lebron
    Participant

For a small guy Michel does a tremendous job falling forward.

jforb
    Participant

The hell are the Lions wearing?

TJM
    Participant

Can’t be worse than those Green Bay unis

Gimp
    Participant

Michel and Dorsett both with good games today, that drop by 13 notwithstanding

TJM
    Participant

Nice

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

We should bookmark Simmons podcast from last week. It has “On a day when the Pats could have…” potential. The worst defense I’ve ever seen, Hightower so slow, Gronks not Gronk anymore, etc.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar