Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/30/19 – 10/6/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

And kudos to Tim Graham of The Athletic, for his excellent story on the, ahem, dildonic tradition at Bills games

Yes, I’m sure it was a hard hitting investigative piece. Totally underground secret society stuff, no one knew it existed. Next we’ll get a Green Bay reporter who dives in to the mooning of the opponent’s bus.

I actually didn’t know about it.  But….I live 400 miles away and haven’t been to a game in 6-7 years

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I watched a good chunk of the game with the mute on, so my kid wouldn’t get distracted from reading.  I may do that all the time, much more enjoyable way watch a game.

Participant

Huge upset here.

e. “Peyton’s Places.” Consistently great. Manning’s 30-episode series about the history of pro football is just so good. His trip to the Wilson Football factory in Ada, Ohio … a gem.

Participant

I watched a good chunk of the game with the mute on, so my kid wouldn’t get distracted from reading. I may do that all the time, much more enjoyable way watch a game.

In the car for most of the 4th, down and distance was mentioned 4 times, zo screaming that brady needs to buy the dfense ugg boots was mentioned 3 times.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Doris Roberts won’t be down to drive Ray Romano crazy.

She hasn’t been driving him crazy for three years. Maybe some other older, funny lady expired? :ohmy:

Did any of these idiots actually watch replays of the horrible, unfair hit that would get them all fired and suspended if Brady were involved? :blink: The Patriots make people lose their minds.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Please don’t let it be Olimpia Dukakis.

Michael….meh

Lebron
    Participant

e. “Peyton’s Places.” Consistently great. Manning’s 30-episode series about the history of pro football is just so good. His trip to the Wilson Football factory in Ada, Ohio … a gem.

So good.  I haven’t seen any of them save for the advertised snippets but the one where he becomes a Bears fan and says Packers suck! is some great history of pro football?

Lebron
    Participant

I think coaches should not be challenging ticky-tack, close pass-interference calls. Or marginal calls. That’s not why the new rule was invented.

So guy who loves monkeying with rules to make everything fair in his mind is fingerwagging coaches who use the new rule because that’s not the spirit or intent of the rule.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

And kudos to Tim Graham of The Athletic, for his excellent story on the, ahem, dildonic tradition at Bills games

Yes, I’m sure it was a hard hitting investigative piece. Totally underground secret society stuff, no one knew it existed. Next we’ll get a Green Bay reporter who dives in to the mooning of the opponent’s bus.

I actually didn’t know about it. But….I live 400 miles away and haven’t been to a game in 6-7 years

The Gronkowski thing was 3 years ago guess I assume it’s as known as anything with the “Bills Mafia”

Lebron
    Participant

I think if the NFL dies—and I don’t think it will in my lifetime—three plays from the Thursday night game should be recalled

So if the NFL dies – not in your lifetime so say 30 years from now – people are going to point to 3 plays from a random Thursday night game in 2019 and say ‘right there, that’s what did it.’

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So if the NFL dies – not in your lifetime so say 30 years from now

Can we move it up to tomorrow?

4 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’d take that trade :lol:   when’s basketball start?

Lebron
    Participant

Pete mocks the restaurant chef, assuming owner as well, suing Michelin for the one-star drop in their guide.  The horror!  It may sound ridiculous but I’m sure the one star drop is going to cost the place a lot of money.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Pete mocks the restaurant chef, assuming owner as well, suing Michelin for the one-star drop in their guide. The horror! It may sound ridiculous but I’m sure the one star drop is going to cost the place a lot of money.

I dunno, this is the chef.  I’m with Pete here.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Loved him when he was the lead singer of The Waterboys

BrianInLA
    Participant

Lots of talk locally about Maddon coming to coach the Angels. Goody.

jforb
    Participant

I received three notes this week (I expected more) agreeing with my woe about no more newspapers in Starbucks. It’s not too late, Seattle. Reinstate the newspapers!

If it was only 3 and not the more that you had expected, maybe Starbucks made the correct decision.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

agreeing with my woe

Such a crappy writer.

There’s nothing this douche does well.

Lebron
    Participant

Bradley Chubb done for the season with the Broncos with a torn ACL.  They’re falling apart.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Can’t wait for Elway to draft the wrong QB #2 overall. How many swings is he going to get?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m beside myself with anticipation as I await the Battle of the Beatens, the Steelers and the Bengals.

Go, Cincy, go!

EDIT: Fuck WordPress.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

At least they still have Joe Flaco!!

Lebron
    Participant

Can’t wait for Elway to draft the wrong QB #2 overall. How many swings is he going to get?

The worm has turned on him now for sure.  Local talking men have him squarely as the reason for their 16-32 run over the past 3 years and now most recent 0-8 stretch and he needs to go.

BrianInLA
    Participant

What do you think they’ll do with Elway? Simmons had someone on last week saying they want to move him “upstairs” but because Elway is so competitive he might not go along with it and also said you cant really fire a guy like Elway who has been the face of the franchise forever.  I understand being competitive but if you suck at what you’re competitive at, does it really matter one way or the other if you are competitive or not? He lucked into a post-surgery Manning but other than that what has he really accomplished?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Elway is turning into Spencer Strasmore.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar