Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/30/19 – 10/6/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Brewers blew that game by leaving the lefty in and letting him load the bases and continue to pitch. The right fielder will get the blame but the manager should get the heat.

Lebron
    Participant

Hader was their guy though and when they brought him in they were going to win or lose with him.  And the matchup against Soto is what you would have wanted lefty v. lefty.  The Zimmerman broken bat hit was a tough break, outfield is playing deep and you have 2 outs so the runner is going full steam as well.  He went up 3-0 on Rendon got back to 3-2 and credit to Rendon for not biting on the high heat for ball 4, most hitters in that spot swing.  I don’t really blame Counsell there.

Lebron
    Participant

If they hire the old Texans kicker they need to remind him not to stay in Woburn or wherever dumbass Bill O’Brien had them staying and used as an excuse for yet another shitty showing.  We were late!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That’s Andover’s Own Bill O’Brien. :lol:  

1 user thanked author for this post.

As far as I can tell, this Diggs silliness all started with some speculation Florio pulled out of his ass. Everyone else has to go chase a BS story because Florio felt the need to write some clickbait.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

As far as I can tell, this Diggs silliness all started with some speculation Florio pulled out of his ass. Everyone else has to go chase a BS story because Florio felt the need to write some clickbait.

It’s not just that it’s tough to trade for him under the cap. It’s damned near impossible unless you send back an expensive player in return. If that happened, you wouldn’t just be getting Diggs; you be giving up someone that fanz would immediately start bitching about.

jforb
    Participant

A few random thoughts while I wonder how if the Patriots conduct their kicking competition America Idol-style with Bill Belichick, Ernie Adams and Nick Caserio as judges …

The A’s bowed out of the playoffs meekly again last night. When does Billy Beane just have enough of not having the infrastructure to compete? He passed on the Red Sox once, it’s time to just do the thing once and for all.

Great English Coach. And if you all were so sure Gostkowski was injured, why didn’t you say something.

Lebron
    Participant

You could also make the argument that Beane’s teams are always on the cusp of the precipice of the edge of the mountain top because that’s as good as he is.  And if they’re in cost cutting mode it’s not just players, they aren’t going to spend on a big name GM.

And if you’re going to go with a timely reference to American Idol judges you might want to throw Joe Judge in there.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Lebron.

Lebron
    Participant

The network that airs Avalanche and Nuggets games still hasn’t gotten a new contract in place with any of the cable/satellite providers around here so none of their games will be on tv.  Avalanche open their season tonight, feels like the old NFL blackout or no tv for getaway games days.

Hacksaw
    Participant

The network that airs Avalanche and Nuggets games still hasn’t gotten a new contract in place with any of the cable/satellite providers around here so none of their games will be on tv. Avalanche open their season tonight, feels like the old NFL blackout or no tv for getaway games days.

For programming purposes they could buy the old tapes of Hersey’s Hollywood.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Florio gets rewarded for making things up:

Watch him come back with a post suggesting the Pats tampered with Diggs.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Beane has a 4% stake of the A’s (valued at over a billion dollars). I’m sure random team X is going to fork out $40 million for Beane’s services.

jforb
    Participant

Breer shitcanned yet?

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like SI is going to shitcan like half their staff and use contractors.  Fingers crossed Bert and Grand Theft get caught up in it.

Coma
    Participant

Florio gets rewarded for making things up:

Watch him come back with a post suggesting the Pats tampered with Diggs.

Tampering will only be mentioned if Diggs ends up with the Patriots. If he goes to the Seahawks, Texans wherever, the storylines will be how Team X is unstoppable now.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Beane has a 4% stake of the A’s (valued at over a billion dollars). I’m sure random team X is going to fork out $40 million for Beane’s services.

If it doesn’t raise the luxury tax, the Red Sox will cover the cost.

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like nothing coming from SI today

According to sources, the delay has something to do with the fact that the sale agreement that is ultimately supposed to transfer ownership of Sports Illustrated from Meredith to Authentic Brand Groups, which has licensed TheMaven to run the publication, isn’t technically finished yet. We’re told that Sports Illustrated brass is asking employees for their patience.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Felger was saying yesterday that they won their time slot for a few years now. While F&M with Big Jim Panic can be highly annoying all you need to do is tune into Fraudway down the dial and it’s clear as day why F&M are kicking their ass.

Fraudway is still a know it all but Fauria has to be the dumbest cohost Fraudway has ever had. Smerlas is light years ahead of Fauria and DeAssie makes more sense. Fauria played for BB but yet brings no insight or inside info. I think BB enjoyed Smerlas and DeAssie way more than Fauria and Futility Lou.

Futility Lou has decided to expand his I’m smarter than you roll and now is an expert  on all sports. He’s even managed to agitate BB that BB just tunes him out. So the interview with BB stinks now because Futility Lou needs to be Bert Breer and ask the tough questions.

Sports radio is now hot takez and not much more.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Pete Carroll is dumb.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Let’s all throw dumb challenge flags!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well, this is a smart one.

Yahtzee
    Participant

What a terrible play call.

OMG:

Later that day, Kraft called his friend. “You won’t believe what happened to me,” his friend recalls him bragging. Kraft explained how he had gone for what he thought was a regular massage, but that the masseuse had given him a hand job instead.

The friend excoriated Kraft for getting a “rub and tug.” Kraft, seemingly hurt, insisted that it “wasn’t like that.” He said he had felt a real connection with Lulu and Mingbi.

Later that evening, Kraft received a call from Orchids, asking him to visit again. (At the time, Kraft’s number in Palm Beach was publicly listed.) Kraft, according to his friend, was thrilled. He did not seem to understand that the spa was merely soliciting repeat business.

The next day, Kraft returned to Orchids, this time with a driver in a 2015 blue Bentley.

Kraft’s the guy at the strip club saying, “I’m telling you, man, I think she’s really into me!”

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Pete Carroll is dumb.

you have the seahawks -1.5 too? :ozzy: :weei:

Participant

Dale thinks it’s super I bet.

“Drawn up by a Los Angeles-based brand design firm, the logo is the first re-do of the network’s logo in 33 years. Its official debut came during the pregame show before Thursday’s Bruins season opener. The change to the more contemporary design was made, according to media kit material, to convey that NESN is ever-changing and to reflect the network’s growth.”

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar