Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/30/19 – 10/6/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 176 through 198 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Alex Bregman is a mouthy douchebag.  Of course Fs1 hugs his nuts Brett Favre style

Coma
    Participant

Someone on Twitter asked LoveKlemko why his Antonio Brown expose only came out when Brown was a member of the Patriots, not when he was with the Raiders or Steelers. Klemko responded that he began working on that article a month before it was published.

The article came out on 9/16, so Klemko would have started working on it around August 16th. There was drama swirling around Brown by then, as his frostbitten feet and helmet issues had been in the news. If I was a Raiders fans, I’d be happier if neither of those stories existed, but they are of the nuisance variety. Brown’s feet were going to heal and he was going to find a new helmet. The only legal news that came out around that time was on 8/14, when a celebrity chef sued Brown for not paying him $38k. Was that lawsuit enough for Klemko and his editors to decide that there’s now enough controversy around Brown to start putting together an article? To me, it doesn’t seem significant enough to be a triggering event. Maybe the chef’s lawsuit led to Klemko researching other lawsuits against Brown at the time. If nothing else happened, though, and Brown remained on the Raiders, the story would have been “Antonio Brown is immature, irresponsible and maybe kind of a creep, but he’s one of the best receivers in football.”

It wasn’t until September 4th that the controversy with the Raiders really ramped up, with Brown getting fined, taping and airing a phone call with Gruden, and confronting Mayock. On the 7th, Brown was released by Oakland and signed with the Patriots. On the 10th, the sexual assault lawsuit was announced. Now, there was more than enough for material for big story on Brown: He’s a villain on and off the field and he’s playing on a team that everyone believes aided and abetted his every misstep. I think Klemko had the framework for a story about Brown in mid-August, but it didn’t become as salacious and a much of a priority until he joined the Patriots.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

That’s pass interference?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Just caught up with first quarter action. That Redskins TD is hilarious. A ballcarrier heads into a crowd of five tacklers and scoots away scott free. Belichick will have a field day with that.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Somebody probably should’ve blocked that defensive end there. :angry:

Lebron
    Participant

Well that sucks.  Get a turnover then give it back.

Guessing the 2 afternoon games is because of baseball.  And Chiefs Colts tonight not exactly of interest.

Coma
    Participant

I hope all the blue check marks who wanted Jonathan Jones ejected and suspended last week are going after Earl Thomas with as much vigor now.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Think there will be outrage that the medical cart broke down and they had to basically carry a semi conscious QB off the field in front of millions while pretending to care about safety? Billion dollar league. :dry:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well that sucks. Get a turnover then give it back.

Guessing the 2 afternoon games is because of baseball. And Chiefs Colts tonight not exactly of interest.

I think they’re throwing Fox a bone to get nationwide rating for Dallas-GB.

Yahtzee
    Participant

What a terrible possession by Baltimore.

jforb
    Participant

What a terrible possession by Baltimore.

Beats the Pit one though

Yahtzee
    Participant

8 days ago the Cowboys were the class of the NFC.

PS – does it sound like there are a lot of Packers fans there?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  Yahtzee.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m surely the only one watching baseball, but Atlanta coming up huge in the 9th.

jforb
    Participant

Would have watched if I wasn’t in the middle of dinner.

ITT dying on the NFL players are better athletes than rugby is a weird hill.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Would have watched if I wasn’t in the middle of dinner.

ITT dying on the NFL players are better athletes than rugby is a weird hill.

Apparently button down shirts are now a breach of the unwrittens as well.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m surely the only one watching baseball, but Atlanta coming up huge in the 9th.

Lot of big hits on first pitch swings, Swanson tonight and Soto the other night.  Reminds me of all the shit Nomar got for that.  Speaking of Soto nice bomb to start the night.  I’ve had baseball on since it started today, football offerings essentially blow

Coma
    Participant

Think there will be outrage that the medical cart broke down and they had to basically carry a semi conscious QB off the field in front of millions while pretending to care about safety? Billion dollar league. :dry:

I didn’t know about that aspect of the story until you posted it. How do they not have a backup plan for those situations, like a second cart or a stretcher with wheels? Even one of those hand carried stretchers that they use in soccer would have been a better option. That’s a minor league effort by the Steelers.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Lot of big hits on first pitch swings, Swanson tonight and Soto the other night. Reminds me of all the shit Nomar got for that. Speaking of Soto nice bomb to start the night. I’ve had baseball on since it started today, football offerings essentially blow

Anibal Sanchez.  Why can’t we get players like that?

jforb
    Participant

I didn’t know about that aspect of the story until you posted it. How do they not have a backup plan for those situations, like a second cart or a stretcher with wheels? Even one of those hand carried stretchers that they use in soccer would have been a better option. That’s a minor league effort by the Steelers.

Florio has a post up saying the league said the cart wasn’t needed there and they had a backup available. He didn’t buy it.

Big Fat O
    Participant

TBH must be rubbing one out watching Brissett.

He’s got Jimmy tomorrow so it could be messy.

Yahtzee
    Participant

His Sunday Notes column was a train wreck this morning.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Go Horse!!!

Humphrey
    Participant

Only Andy Reid would run the ball fourth and one, with Mahomes limping and no running back able to gain ANYTHING all game.

Viewing 23 posts - 176 through 198 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar