Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    NASCL
    Participant

10:03 AM:  So Rich, pretty quiet sports weekend around here.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

I won’t click on it because I refuse to read Buckley in The Athletic, but imagine the lack of self awareness for that past-pining piece of shit writing an article with THIS headline:

“Dave Dombrowski won’t be part of Red Sox’ Future because he dwelled on team’s past.”

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Rickkyboy
    Participant

Funny scene of me outside walking dog stopping to let her play with neighbor’s dog and my oldest pulls into driveway rolling down window yelling: The Patriots got AB!!

Ethan there is no way that guy is coming here…. :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The neck bearded zookeeper is very triggered by the Patriots

Among the worst Fattyisms is him trying to determine what somebody else is going to say or think:

Wednesday, Foxboro.The first full practice for the Patriots prepping for the game at Miami. Antonio Brown stops by Tom Brady’s locker before practice. What Brady won’t say:You better not pull that s— here, dude.What Brady will be thinking:You better not pull that s— here, dude.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Among the worst Fattyisms is him trying to determine what somebody else is going to say or think:

Why did Dick Enberg have to die alone in his apartment, gasping his last breaths, and this waste of carbon is still shuffling around?

Then there’s the matter of how convenient it is that Brown signed with New England so quickly. Belichick and Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have been making deals forever. And from the time Brown was cut by the Raiders on Saturday to the time word leaked that he’d agreed to terms with New England, about half a day passed. Is it possible that there was no contact between the two sides, and that Rosenhaus made the deal quickly, in an hour or so, with the Patriots?

“About half a day passed” – Fatty has covered the league for what, 35 years? And he thinks a free agent signing a contract within a few hours is suspicious?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

God, I hate him.:ozzy:

Participant

So they would have done what Tomlin and the Sainted Rooney’s did for years Peter?

Still, I don’t give Gruden much credit for this, at all. If Gruden ran everything, the Raiders would have scotch-taped this abject disaster together and found some misguided way for Brown to stay

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

And … the Yinzers’ excuse for last night is … PICK PLAYS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I won’t click on it because I refuse to read Buckley in The Athletic, but imagine the lack of self awareness for that past-pining piece of shit writing an article with THIS headline:

“Dave Dombrowski won’t be part of Red Sox’ Future because he dwelled on team’s past.”

Wow….hey Pot…have you met Kettle?

BrianInLA
    Participant

The time out with 6 seconds left was awesome. After the debacle in Miami last year I can see where Bill would want to make sure that shit never happens again and to treat every possible situation on the field as a learning experience as it looked like he wanted to get the Hail Mary team in there. Far be it from either of the chucklehead announcers to even sniff that logic however and instead do their snide “I don’t understand this” passive aggressive bullshit.

Coma
    Participant

And … the Yinzers’ excuse for last night is … PICK PLAYS.

:lol::lol::lol:

It doesn’t help that Collinsworth claimed every completion to a WR within 10 yards of the LOS was due to a pick play. There was one completion where he stated it was a pick and, when the replay was shown, there was nothing that could even be generously interpreted as an attempt by a receiver to pick off a defender.

Participant

Devers has an outside shot of breaking some sort of Tony C record – want him to do it just to shut up Buck.

jforb
    Participant

Brown hijacked the first week of pro football’s 100th season—it didn’t feel very celebratory, what with Brown secretly and illegally recording his old coach in Oakland to demean Jon Gruden on social media and shoot his way out of Oakland on Friday night—but we had some compelling stuff Sunday nonetheless

I thought it was the shitshow of an opening game that made it not celebratory.

Coma
    Participant

Then there’s the matter of how convenient it is that Brown signed with New England so quickly. Belichick and Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have been making deals forever. And from the time Brown was cut by the Raiders on Saturday to the time word leaked that he’d agreed to terms with New England, about half a day passed. Is it possible that there was no contact between the two sides, and that Rosenhaus made the deal quickly, in an hour or so, with the Patriots?

“About half a day passed” – Fatty has covered the league for what, 35 years? And he thinks a free agent signing a contract within a few hours is suspicious?

I don’t recall PK being so suspicious about free agent deals being signed within the first 10 minutes of FA period beginning every single year. 6 hours for the Patriots and Rosenhaus to come up with contract terms is very, very unusual to him, though.

jforb
    Participant

I really need to stop reading

Last spring, I wondered about getting Favre and Mahomes together in Kansas City, with the mentor for both men, Andy Reid, to talk football. (Reid was Favre’s quarterback coach during his third MVP season in the 90s in Green Bay, and he’s Mahomes’ head coach and tutor now.)

Of course King came up with the idea. And by 3rd mvp season I’m thinking Favre knew what he was doing and didn’t need a mentor.

Coma
    Participant

I know nothing about the Red Sox farm system, free agent outlook or any other dealings that the GM would hold sway over, but I would think having a hand in the best season in team history, complete with a World Series win, would earn you at least a couple more years on the job. By comparison, Mike Scioscia got 15 more years out of a WS title.

Maybe Dombrowski was really doing a terrible job and he needed to be removed to head off a long term disaster. Or maybe listening to the likes of Lou Merloni about who to fire is a bad idea.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Wednesday, Foxboro.The first full practice for the Patriots prepping for the game at Miami. Antonio Brown stops by Tom Brady’s locker before practice. What Brady won’t say:You better not pull that s— here, dude.What Brady will be thinking:You better not pull that s— here, dude.”

Cringe

Lebron
    Participant

Is it really that far fetched that an agent went to a player and asked him who he’d want to play for, player says a team’s name, then the agent reaches out to that team and focuses solely on that team?  Isn’t that in the agent’s job description?

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

“Reporter Dianna Russini told me Sunday night that Gruden said Brown was never really all-in because he wasn’t there a lot. “We felt for Jon,” Russini said. “He looked like he’d been through hell. I sensed relief that it was over, but it really took a toll on him.”

He’s Chucky and he deserves to be treated with respect.

Lefty

Is it really that far fetched that an agent went to a player and asked him who he’d want to play for, player says a team’s name, then the agent reaches out to that team and focuses solely on that team? Isn’t that in the agent’s job description?

Rosenhaus isn’t a dummy – where is the only place that might sign Brown for one year and give him a chance to win a SB or at least be on the national stage every week (prime time, night games, etc.) and – if Brown can stfu for one season – might create the image of a rehab of Brown enough to recover the large contract he just pissed away?    That’s right, NE.     Good business for Rosenhaus to put him here and try to salvage the shit show, plain and simple.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Brown was on Simmons podcast back in February and when asked which teams he’d love to play for the only two he mentioned were New England and KC. Is it that suspicious that Brown told his agent “Hey, call NE and KC first” when he asked to be released? Then again I would think any agent would be calling the Pats first whenever any of their clients get released. As opposed to say, Detroit or the Dolphins. Play for a stellar organization, be in the hunt to win a ring every season and then collect a huge payday on the back end. Its every agents dream scenario. Yet to the average mouth breathing football fan there have to be secret shenanigans going on.

Participant

Is it really that far fetched that an agent went to a player and asked him who he’d want to play for, player says a team’s name, then the agent reaches out to that team and focuses solely on that team? Isn’t that in the agent’s job description?

Rosenhaus isn’t a dummy – where is the only place that might sign Brown for one year and give him a chance to win a SB or at least be on the national stage every week (prime time, night games, etc.) and – if Brown can stfu for one season – might create the image of a rehab of Brown enough to recover the large contract he just pissed away? That’s right, NE. Good business for Rosenhaus to put him here and try to salvage the shit show, plain and simple.

“He (Rosenhaus) left $900,000 in commission on the table!” Bearded Depressed Zookeeper :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

In addition, the casual fan (ie EVERY person in my department this morning who actually follows football) thinks that Brown was a free agent and signed with the Raiders and then sabotaged the entire thing. I pointed out that he was TRADED to the Raiders and didn’t really have a say in the matter. And in realty if you could play with Derek Carr or Tom Brady which one would YOU choose? After they all frantically Googled it to see that I was correct the new common theme is “Well…..there SHOULD be a rule against this”. Against what? A team taking a $15 million chance on a receiver? If KC had signed him would there be the same outrage?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar