Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Pats are 17 point road favorites next week. Were they ever that high during ’07? That seems like a huge road number. I have that data somewhere.

edit: They were 18.5 point favorites at Baltimore week 12 and won by 3.

Those home spreads were insane.

-24.5 against philly.

-22.5 against Miami

-20.5 against the Jets

They didn’t cover 8 of the last 9 games. Definitely peaked too soon.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by BrianInLA.
    Lebron
    Participant

Just looked it up, as you note they had some doozies.  That Philly spread was nuts.

Lebron
    Participant

@diannaESPN

On @LeBatardShow, the producer of Antonio Brown’s hype video confirmed Jon Gruden approved the use of their phone conversation in video before it was released on social media #Raiders

National media now has to walk back the “illegal!” histrionics.  Or more likely just ignore what they originally said.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Tell you what, that lost coin toss is Dee Ford’s best friend.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

@spotrac

The #Patriots will now roll with Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Philip Dorsett, & Julian Edelman at a combined $16.5M of 2019 cap going forward…

Odell Beckham Jr.’s 2019 cap hit is $17M.

The Browns are awesome though.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

“Reporter Dianna Russini told me Sunday night that Gruden said Brown was never really all-in because he wasn’t there a lot. “We felt for Jon,” Russini said. “He looked like he’d been through hell. I sensed relief that it was over, but it really took a toll on him.”

He’s Chucky and he deserves to be treated with respect.

:lol:

Man, what a great day we have here.

And Pete’s good pal and qb whisperer Coach Kangol promptly shat himself all over Santa Clara yesterday.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Patriots waive Lance Kendricks and that safety they signed from Oakland last year.

Coma
    Participant

A Browns fan splashed beer on Logan Ryan and other Titans players after an INT return for a TD yesterday. The PFT article about it took the angle of “Gee, doesn’t this guy realize how much a beer costs at a stadium and he’s just throwing it away?”  A far cry from the “This is very serious” and “Arrest and ban the hateful racist” storylines when this happened in Gillette.

Participant

Celebrities!  They are just like us.

When Fodor’s Travel asked celebrities to share their travel secrets, Cambridge native Mindy Kaling admitted to a skin care tip in the sky that may result in some double takes from her travel mates.

“I learned this trick of putting Aquaphor all over my face in a thick layer because it keeps my skin moisturized when I’m going on these long dehydrating flights,” said Kaling in the article “Travel Secrets from Mindy Kaling, Lin Manuel Miranda, and 6 Other Celebs.”  “It looks horrible, though. Everyone thinks I have a disease, but it’s great.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wait. Is this “Zo-Cam” going to be a regular thing? And is it possible to make Diabeetle look any less morbidly obese? :puke:

https://www.patriots.com/video/zo-cam-tds-from-gordon-and-dorsett

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

I forgot that Booger and Tess made these games unwatchable.

BrianInLA
    Participant

MGM took a rush of money on the New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl after the acquisition of wide receiver Antonio Brown last week. “As soon as they announced that he signed [on Saturday], everyone was betting them,” Stoneback said. “We probably took $30,000 or $40,000 just in bets on the Patriots. All of a sudden, every bet was Patriots.”

• The SuperBook took 22 bets on the Patriots to miss the playoffs, including a $3,200 bet at 6-1 odds. The defending-champion Patriots blew out the Pittsburgh Steelers 33-3 in the Sunday prime time game. The Patriots opened as 14.5-point road favorites over the Dolphins next week (16-point favorites at Caesars).

• A bettor at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on Sunday placed a $10 bet on the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl at 2,000-1 odds.

Betting $3200 on the Pats to miss the playoffs? Might as well bet the ‘sun rising in the west’ tomorrow and light that money on fire. :lol:

jforb
    Participant

Hate the tomato can talk but after watching a good bit of Bills-Jets yesterday there may be a point to it this year. How is that only 6-1?

BrianInLA
    Participant

That Pats road favorite of 18.5 was the 2nd highest road favorite ever. San Fran was favored by 23 over Baltimore on Oct 11, 1987. They, too, didn’t cover. The 3rd highest was San Fran favored by 17.5 over the Pats in New England on Oct 11, 1992. They won 24-12.

The largest road favorite to cover was the Pats against Buffalo in 2007 (-16). Pats won 56-10.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Hate the tomato can talk but after watching a good bit of Bills-Jets yesterday there may be a point to it this year. How is that only 6-1?

Pats were -850 to make the playoffs. I guess +600 on the other side?

Coma
    Participant

It’s a little thing, but can the networks figure out that using yellow in their NFL graphics makes viewers like me think there’s a penalty on a play? Last night, after the final play by the Steelers, the 4th down graphic dissolved into a SNF graphic. The transition from one graphic to another used yellow lines, though, so I thought there was a penalty and maybe the game wasn’t over. Tonight, ESPN is using yellow for the down graphic. So when 2nd and 6 pops up, it’s on a yellow background and you momentarily think there’s a penalty. Only use yellow for penalties. Use a different color for everything else. It ain’t that hard.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s a little thing, but can the networks figure out that using yellow in their NFL graphics makes viewers like me think there’s a penalty on a play? Last night, after the final play by the Steelers, the 4th down graphic dissolved into a SNF graphic. The transition from one graphic to another used yellow lines, though, so I thought there was a penalty and maybe the game wasn’t over. Tonight, ESPN is using yellow for the down graphic. So when 2nd and 6 pops up, it’s on a yellow background and you momentarily think there’s a penalty. Only use yellow for penalties. Use a different color for everything else. It ain’t that hard.

Completely agree.

BrianInLA
    Participant

ESPN received so many complaints they changed it at the half.

Great defense Saints. Karma must have taken the night off.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m on radio. How impressive were the Watson throws?

Was it roughing the kicker in reality?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Oh fuck me. Guess not.

BrianInLA
    Participant

LOL! Roughing the kicker? I was right the first time.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The guy diving slid across the kickers plant foot. I guess they have to call it.

Then of course the kicker went down like he was shot by a sniper.

Yahtzee
    Participant

What an ending

Participant

ESPN received so many complaints they changed it at the half.

Great defense Saints. Karma must have taken the night off.

Still Fairness Bowl eligible.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Team X now must be the Browns Steelers Texans Colts Ravens.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar