Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 226 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 6 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 227 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

That Pats road favorite of 18.5 was the 2nd highest road favorite ever. San Fran was favored by 23 over Baltimore on Oct 11, 1987. They, too, didn’t cover. The 3rd highest was San Fran favored by 17.5 over the Pats in New England on Oct 11, 1992. They won 24-12.

The largest road favorite to cover was the Pats against Buffalo in 2007 (-16). Pats won 56-10.

I don’t think there was a team in Baltimore in 1987, do you mean Indy?

BrianInLA
    Participant

I had that wrong. It was San Fran at Atlanta on 10/11/87 that was -23. San Fran won 25-17.

Pats at Baltimore was -18.5 on 12/3/07

San Fran at NE was -17.5 on 10/11/92.

That 10/11 date on 2 of those 3 (a streak) must have thrown me. /Peter King

Fatty talking about Lamar Jackson on Florio’s PFT show:

“Everybody thought he was gonna be Bobby Douglass. Look that one up, kids.”

If we have to look up Bobby Douglass, it’s pretty unlikely we all thought Jackson was gonna be him.

From the same show, Chris Simms mixed metaphoring:

“Fournette fumbled, and that’s when the wheels fell apart.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

@diannaESPN

On @LeBatardShow, the producer of Antonio Brown’s hype video confirmed Jon Gruden approved the use of their phone conversation in video before it was released on social media #Raiders

National media now has to walk back the “illegal!” histrionics. Or more likely just ignore what they originally said.

Late to this, but Fatty called it illegal three times in the first couple of paragraphs of his bullshit

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

perfect ending last night- Texans drive with a minute left hit the over, and they still lost :lol:   cusp of the edge of the precipice of the brink of threshold of the doorway of the mudroom of the breezeway of the shitter

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  chicowalker.
    7 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s been some time since I got any real pleasure from Gang green or 2Bills Drive.  The average Joe Klecko my Eggo or Marv when the Levy Breaks has long since been swallowed by the abyss.  But H. jesus is Chiefs Planet a trip.  The average meth head there would let Reid sit on their chest while Hill breaks their arm and Mahomes finishes on their face if it would mean…well, I’d say that they win the super bowl but I think they’d be fine with it no matter what was promised

GusChiggins
    Participant

Love when people say a Pats fan didn’t follow the Patriots before Brady. Umm, it’s year 20 now. Anybody under 30 never had a chance to follow them without Brady.

Lebron
    Participant

That Nick Wright asshole said it on his radio show at least 5 times last night, after the news had broken that he consented.  Felonious!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

:blink::pk:

I started my own post about this tweet before I realized it had been posted before. It didn’t occur to me until now that I (and PK) assumed that the “How can the Patriots be stopped?” question was intended in a purely on the field sense. Maybe the questioner was looking for an “A group of owners demand that Belichick and Brady be suspended for the rest of the year and the team forfeit games” solution.

I’m sure that King didn’t think this through, but when he says the Patriots can be beaten if they lose the coin flip in OT, he’s implying that he’s okay with the OT rules as long as New England loses and wants to change them out of “fairness” because New England won. It’s insane that he and others in the media portray it as last year’s AFCCG was decided solely by a coin toss. That the Patriots correctly guessed heads, the game was declared over and they were handed the Lamar Hunt trophy. It’s like a 13 play, 75 yard TD drive didn’t happen.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Love when people say a Pats fan didn’t follow the Patriots before Brady. Umm, it’s year 20 now. Anybody under 30 never had a chance to follow them without Brady.

I don’t know how they reconcile it in their heads, but “The Patriots fans are all bandwagoners and will be gone when Brady/Belichick leaves” still act like this a 1 or 2 year run of success. Like you said, anyone from age 10 up to college kids have been on that bandwagon for 20 years. They’ve started families of their own and probably encouraged their kids to be Patriots fans. These people just aren’t going to suddenly become Jets fans or forget about football once there’s a different coach or QB. How many current Yankees fans crow about WS titles that were won before their grandparents were born?

Lebron
    Participant

It really is an insult and disregard for accomplishment when fat fuck shitheads like Pete simply write off drives like that as anti climactic.  They converted three 3rd and 10s against KC in OT.  They had key 3rd down conversions just to get to OT in successive drives against Atlanta.  Nothing was simply given to them.

Participant

It really is an insult and disregard for accomplishment when fat fuck shitheads like Pete simply write off drives like that as anti climactic. They converted three 3rd and 10s against KC in OT. They had key 3rd down conversions just to get to OT in successive drives against Atlanta. Nothing was simply given to them.

Pete can’t be on top of everything, but it is a 24 minute walk from where Antonio Brown grew up to whatever the hell Joe Robbie is named now.

Participant

“I’m sure Tony Dungy, or whoever else it was, everybody’s entitled to their opinion. That’s what this country is built on.” BB

Now Go Home And Get Your Fucking Shinebox GIFs - Find ...

I was wondering how this would all shake out. This makes the most sense. I’m glad Meyers stays (although we’ll see what happens when/if Harry comes back).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I was wondering how this would all shake out. This makes the most sense. I’m glad Meyers stays (although we’ll see what happens when/if Harry comes back).

Hilarious paranoia over at The Gang Green.  Some level-headed posters are there, posting about Thomas’ excellent performance against the Giants in PS Game 4, but others are like, there’s got to be something wrong with him if Belichick trades him to us. He’s so in their heads it’s almost sad. But not really. :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Reiss: With the trade, New England’s Bill Belichick has now executed a deal with all 31 other teams in the NFL since taking over as the Patriots’ head coach in 2000.

Jets last again.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Yahtzee.
    4 users thanked author for this post.

Hilarious paranoia over at The Gang Green. Some level-headed posters are there, posting about Thomas’ excellent performance against the Giants in PS Game 4, but others are like, there’s got to be something wrong with him if Belichick trades him to us. He’s so in their heads it’s almost sad. But not really. :lol:

I like how conceivably they could have gotten Thomas for free a week ago. Maybe they tried, though, and Thomas demurred, as he had promises to return to New England.

An enterprising reporter (Manish?) could fish for a sob story from Thomas about how promises were made and not kept. Seems like a slam dunk.

Lebron
    Participant

Guessing that they know what they’re doing.

Lebron
    Participant

Caught 30 seconds of Pete on with Russo for his weekly spot.  Never heard him so hysterical as he is over Brown.  Insistent that no New England fans should cheer Brown at games or at this point even be supportive of the organization.  Lost his mind.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m sure they talked to Thomas ahead of time and rather than burying him on the bench as the 4th/5th WR worked out a deal where he can play and perhaps still get a payday next year. Granted it sucks going from Brady to Darnold but he could be a legit #2 on the Jets so its probably in his best interest overall.

Just saw where the NFL has a rule that players aren’t allowed to change numbers once the season has started which might prevent Watson from giving Brown #84. Brown can petition the league to over ride that rule. And we know how much the league loves to bend over backwards for the Pats. :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

F Pete. Its 19-0 or nothing for me and I hope Brown breaks all of the receiving records. After the crap Brady went through with deflate-gate screw them all.

These guys have all lost their minds. Where was this outrage when Eli wouldn’t play for the Chargers? Or Elway demanded a trade when he got drafted. How is that any different than…..ohhhh…..nevermind.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pedro’s 17-K one-hitter against the Yankees at the Old Stadium happened twenty years ago tonight. Apart from Chili Davis’ HR, the only baserunner he allowed was an HBP ( :wub: ) to Chuck Knoblauch. That year Pedro struck out 313 batters in 213 1/3 IP, with 37 bases on balls. He rang up 10 Ks or more 19 times.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Put up a 9.8 WAR and didn’t win MVP. Thanks George King. ’99 Pedro was literally ‘must see’ tv where I would move my schedule around to make sure I could watch him pitch live. He had a 1.39 FIP that season. :lol: By comparison, in his 1968 season where he posted a 1.12 ERA, Bob Gibson had a 1.77 FIP (he DID win the MVP).

The only 2 seasons of better FIP are 1908 Christy Mathewson 1.287 and 1910 Walter Johnson 1.379.

The nearest current day ‘best FIP’ is Kershaw in 2014 with a 1.811. Its 25th all time to put it perspective how insanely dominant Pedro was.

BTW 2nd place in FIP in 1999 was Randy Johnson with 2.76.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Brown may not even play a game here. Rape accusations in a lawsuit.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar