Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 226 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 6 days, 22 hours ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 227 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Meanwhile, as he stews, poolside, at his Andover mansion, forced-retiree Gerry Callahan screams in frustration as four months of primo morning show material–just sitting there, caller!–goes to waste.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Well they can do whatever the hell they want but yes that would be a bit unprecedented. You’d just need people filing suits the week before playoff games to trigger a suspension? Now that would set a terrible precedent.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Ger-Bear is working on a plan to crowdfund a purchase of Greenland.  He will rise up folks.

Well they can do whatever the hell they want but yes that would be a bit unprecedented. You’d just need people filing suits the week before playoff games to trigger a suspension? Now that would set a terrible precedent.

When has Goodell ever been handcuffed by precedent?

Lebron
    Participant

Media doing victory laps because today’s presser lasted 4 minutes.  Ha Ha we win.  Of course all that says is you had no decent questions about the upcoming game, which is the purpose of today’s presser.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I take it there weren’t a lot of Marshall Newhouse questions?

jforb
    Participant

I’d love to see him handcuffed.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Hey Wyc, nice fucking job having this guy on deck for your games on the radio.

Press 1, Belichick 0.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

I’d love to see him handcuffed.

Amorphous Intelligence | Amorphous Intelligence is an ...

Just photoshop in Rooney or Mara’s head for Zed’s

Yahtzee
    Participant

Meanwhile, as he stews, poolside, at his Andover mansion, forced-retiree Gerry Callahan screams in frustration as four months of primo morning show material–just sitting there, caller!–goes to waste.

You made me look at his Twitter.  Gerry has lost his 9/11 mind – I assume this broad he is re-tweeting is a Russian bot.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Hey Wyc, nice fucking job having this guy on deck for your games on the radio.

Press 1, Belichick 0.

That score matters only at J. J. Foley’s.  (Or wherever the “press” hangs out these days … Davios?)  The only way Belichick loses is if his team falls to bits, a la Cleveland 1995. If Brown is inactive Sunday and the Patriots win, press and Belichick both win.

Humphrey
    Participant

Question, does firing the President of Baseball Operations mean the season is over?

I’m torn. He did win 108 games last year as well as the World Series and has won 3 straight division titles but on the other hand…..uh, ya. Um, bad contracts? Tough crowd.

Thought he made some good trades, never ever heard any trade rumors that lasted six weeks, figured out how to get rid of Sandoval, and didn’t get to choose his manager until after 2017.

He was probably hired to use the resources they have and win now, then the plan was to get a new person to restock a farm system.

The farm system is toast and they are faced with some hard decisions going forward if they want to get back under the luxury tax. That means either letting Betts walk or letting JD go. However Devers and Bogaerts are going to be amazing going forward. Maybe they blame him for the Pearce, Eovaldi contracts. Again, tough crowd.

Martinez has the player opt out this year I think. With Pearce and especially Eovaldi the people who were screaming for them to re-sign both are likely the ones bitching now. It’s tough when you win and Pearce got scorching hot for 2 games and Eovaldi and Kelly were throwing peas and they’re all free agents. Then those guys come crashing back to earth.

Pearce and Moreland are gone at the end of the year. It’s the guys they are stuck with long term that are the problem.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“Hardy” is a real piece of work. On his high horse about how most women don’t lie, so he never thinks about that.

The problem is the percentages of such things are different for people with fame and money. There’s always an extra motive for the people orbiting around the rich and famous to generate false accusations.  Especially so when we only have a civil suit here which is specifically designed to extract money.

“Hardy” shouldn’t be doing math on the air when he’s that stupid.

Participant

“Hardy” is a real piece of work. On his high horse about how most women don’t lie, so he never thinks about that.

The problem is the percentages of such things are different for people with fame and money. There’s always an extra motive for the people orbiting around the rich and famous to generate false accusations. Especially so when we only have a civil suit here which is specifically designed to extract money.

And yet, he’s never confronted his Tuesday co-host Shank about the intern draft over on Morrissey Blvd. and if that story is true.

Coma
    Participant

Back in simpler times, like Monday, when all we had to worry about was potential tampering charges related to Antonio Brown, doesn’t that have to come from the aggrieved team? Wouldn’t the Raiders have to lodge a complaint with the league that they believe the Patriots were discussing a contract with Brown prior to his release? I know the league can ultimately do whatever it wants, but everyone crying for the league to investigate forgot that a team has to bring a matter to the league first for them to investigate. If a team doesn’t file tampering charges, there’s no investigation.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The problem is the percentages of such things are different for people with fame and money. There’s always an extra motive for the people orbiting around the rich and famous to generate false accusations. Especially so when we only have a civil suit here which is specifically designed to extract money.

I read this and thought you were talking about the country singer then thought “Why would he be on the radio doing math in Boston?”

Lebron
    Participant

People were crying for an investigation when Blount smoked his way out of Pittsburgh and back to New England.  Logic doesn’t factor in.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

They need only five more wins to hit 81, but I am starting to think that the Red Sox — with Sale and Price gone for the season, Eovaldi not right, and Porcello having an awful swan song, added to the dead-man-walking performance of their starting lineup — may not even finish .500 this season.

NASCL
    Participant

The Depressed Zookeeper all morning:  “Bill Belichick is not a good person.  He’s a bad guy.”

Yahtzee
    Participant

I listened to 20 seconds which included one of them saying that Brady is probably not a terrible person.  Probably.

Coma
    Participant

People were crying for an investigation when Blount smoked his way out of Pittsburgh and back to New England. Logic doesn’t factor in.

It really doesn’t. Blount had to go through waivers and I believe the Patriots were the last team in the league in terms of making a waiver claim. I forget exactly who it was now, but there were a couple of teams who needed help at RB who could have claimed Blount and passed. Even going back a step further, the Steelers could have just benched Blount, made him inactive or put him on some suspended list for the rest of the season. There were only 5 games left in the season when they waived him. After Blount was cut, the process of him finding a new team was about as routine as it gets. Since it’s the Patriots and the move helped them, some people feel it had to be suspicious.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Local radio guy yesterday was screaming about Belichick being a scumbag, but more along the lines of him being a scumbag for not answering questions.  This is the guy that’s from Ipswich and says he stopped being a Patriots fan after Super Bowl XX.  His partner, Tom Nalen, was a voice of reason in the sense that he retorted what is he supposed to say he doesn’t know anything do you want him to just speculate?  On a side note Nalen is finishing up here and moving back to MA in the next month or so, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pops up on 98.5 as I think that station and the one out here that he’s on are owned by the same media company.

Lebron
    Participant

Again not downplaying the potential seriousness of the accusations but going the civil route also allows for a lower standard of burden of proof, right?  So instead of ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ it’s ‘well I kinda sorta maybe think he/she might have done it’?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Again not downplaying the potential seriousness of the accusations but going the civil route also allows for a lower standard of burden of proof, right? So instead of ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’ it’s ‘well I kinda sorta maybe think he/she might have done it’?

Right. Easier to file, easier to win. More expensive though in that you don’t have a government prosecutor doing the work for you.

“Preponderance of the evidence” is the standard. Although in a he-said/she-said, even that is difficult.

NASCL
    Participant

Sam Darnold out a few weeks with mono.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar