Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

They need only five more wins to hit 81, but I am starting to think that the Red Sox — with Sale and Price gone for the season, Eovaldi not right, and Porcello having an awful swan song, added to the dead-man-walking performance of their starting lineup — may not even finish .500 this season.

Wouldn’t surprise me, really. I’d probably pitch Eovaldi because it’s part of his rehab…no reason to run E Rod out there any more unless they are facing one of the teams in the WC race (I’ve lost track if they are). Porcello is a waste of time; plenty of minor league bums to run out there to take beatings.

And get Vazquez out of there, he caught enough games already.

Humphrey
    Participant

Sam Darnold out a few weeks with mono.

Typically, one’s spleen enlarges while you have that; not advisable playing pro football for that alone.

And, at least when I had it 30 years ago, there was no cure, it just goes away on its own.

What sucked about it after the first few days (when I was totally exhausted) was “no drinking”. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Coming down with Mono during the first few weeks of the season just feels like a Jets thing, it really does.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Big Fat O
    Participant

So now BB needs to run any player by the media to see if they meet the media’s expectations? The NEP are a professional football team and even though Brown is a PIA it’s about winning games and not putting squeaky clean guys on the field even though that would be nice.

i would hope if all of these allegations are true than the part ways with Brown. Until then you need to see what happens. There is due process in this country.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Coming down with Mono during the first few weeks of the season just feels like a Jets thing, it really does.

Speaking of which

Browns appear to have banned wrong fan

:lol: :lol:

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

The Browns guy who got banned says he hasn’t been to the stadium since 2010 and was working a DJ gig during the game.  How would they even identify and notify him of the ban unless he’s a season ticket holder and the person who poured the beer was in his seats?  The owner must have been busy scamming truck drivers out of fuel credits.

Participant
    Coma
    Participant

Speaking of which

Browns appear to have banned wrong fan

:lol::lol:

I’ll give ESPN credit for trying, but this reboot of Playmakers seems really lame.

Let’s say best-case scenario, Brown’s accuser’s charges are BS. It’s still gonna be just like all the other things the Pats get charged with, where the accusation is all that’s needed to be accepted as gospel. Regardless of guilt/innocence, “rapist” is who Brown is now in the court of public opinion.

I want Brown to get his due process, but I think there’s proof that at the very least, he’s a pretty scummy guy. I think the best we can hope for (assuming the investigation yields nothing) is he learns how to shut the fuck up for a year. I don’t think we’ll be seeing any “he’s just been misunderstood all along” stories out of this one.

Lebron
    Participant

Kobe and Ben are rapists and not many people if any care about it.  Any self proclaimed sports purist thinks that Brown is the worst whether it was the way his time ended in Pittsburgh or his brief and arguably maniacal stay in Oakland.  Heck people are already beyond Tyreek Hill slapping the crap out of pregnant women.  Brown makes a spectacle of himself, that helmet thing was beyond insane.  Kobe went back to playing basketball and Ben went all Godboy and people forgot, they didn’t do much of anything to draw attention to themselves.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

I only watched about ten minutes of that game last night and I’m no Cam Newton apologist, he was mostly awful, but man he got absolutely hammered every time he dropped back.  Riverboat Ron is on a cool 0-8 streak.

Lebron
    Participant

Before this whole lawsuit mess I didn’t expect Brown to be active on Sunday, they kept guys like Van Noy and Gordon inactive for the game following their acquisition so I assumed they’d follow suit with Brown. Now I’m hoping he’s active to own the libs fishwives.

chicowalker
    Participant

Ed Money won’t be coming down to hit you with some hot saxophone licks

Lebron
    Participant

Admittedly I liked the one ad he did with the Eddie Money Travel Agency and “two tickets to paradise.”

Lebron
    Participant

Good to see the Broncos ownership mess get messier.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Admittedly I liked the one ad he did with the Eddie Money Travel Agency and “two tickets to paradise.”

Peter King, not so much

Does Eddie Money think the Geico commercial is going to, like, rejuvenate his career? Not helping yourself, Eduardo. Eddie’s playing Quapaw, Okla., on Friday night, and two tickets to paradise will cost you $40. Total.

Coma
    Participant

Hot takes regarding last night’s game:

– I thought running the ball when you’re near the goal line is always the way the go and never fails.

– Should the Panthers start thinking about drafting/signing Newton’s replacement this offseason? I’m just asking the question.

I was a little surprised that there were a couple of spots (the final play and a 4th and 2 near midfield earlier in the quarter) where Carolina didn’t even give the impression that Newton was a threat to run the ball. Then again, the Panthers coaches may not be that bright, in general. The announcers talked about how the Panthers offense was content to put the emphasis on the passing attack last night but then noted that Newton’s throwing shoulder may not be fully recovered from offseason surgery.

Lebron
    Participant

What a fucking dick.  The guy that shilled himself out to multiple outlets has a beef with an aging singer trying to make a buck on an ad campaign.  “Eduardo?”  Also, last I checked access to any of Pete’s shitty content is fucking free, so who the hell is he to judge what a singer is garnering for tickets?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

The one time I saw Newton run the ball they fucked up the play and predictably he fumbled.

Lefty

Well, there goes the most relevant humor the morning zoo keepers had left.   Guess it’s all Indecipherable 1991 Jagr impressions going forward.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

In 2012, Money appeared in a GEICO insurance commercial in which he owns a travel agency and sings “Two Tickets to Paradise” to a family that wants tickets for a vacation.[21][22]

A reality television series about Money and his family, Real Money, debuted on AXS TV on April 8, 2018

So he got a TV show after appearing in a commercial.  Hmm..wonder if the commercial helped?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Guy I once worked with had an awkward Eddie Money story:

He was at a concert with friends, and it was one of those outdoor gigs with multiple acts. He was sort of along for the ride, and wasn’t too jazzed about being there.

Anyway, Eddie Money was  one of the performers, and at one point when he was on stage, this guy decided to jokingly scream “Hey, Eddie!! YOU BLOW!!!” Unfortunately, he yelled this at the exact time the entire crowd coincidentally became quiet, which just happens due to the way people in crowds chit-chat, and the law of averages.

Of course everyone including Eddie heard it, and Eddie zeroed in on him and gave him the greatest death stare of all time. I think that’s when he left to get more beer.:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Well, there goes the most relevant humor the morning zoo keepers had left. Guess it’s all Indecipherable 1991 Jagr impressions going forward.

Monday morning:

Balding Zookeeper: So, Eddie, what’s heaven like? Is it paradise? *unprofessional snicker*

CF Zookeeper: Well man, I tell ya *something indecipherable in the same voice he uses for everything*

BZ: *outrageous laughter not commiserate with the joke, that he likely wrote*

chicowalker
    Participant

Guy I once worked with had an awkward Eddie Money story:

He was at a concert with friends, and it was one of those outdoor gigs with multiple acts. He was sort of along for the ride, and wasn’t too jazzed about being there.

Anyway, Eddie Money was one of the performers, and at one point when he was on stage, this guy decided to jokingly scream “Hey, Eddie!! YOU BLOW!!!” Unfortunately, he yelled this at the exact time the entire crowd coincidentally became quiet, which just happens due to the way people in crowds chit-chat, and the law of averages.

Of course everyone including Eddie heard it, and Eddie zeroed in on him and gave him the greatest death stare of all time. I think that’s when he left to get more beer.:lol:

The only response is “Damn right I do!”

Suzy
    Participant

Peter King, not so much

Does Eddie Money think the Geico commercial is going to, like, rejuvenate his career? Not helping yourself, Eduardo. Eddie’s playing Quapaw, Okla., on Friday night, and two tickets to paradise will cost you $40. Total.

Money had a very successful career that included some huge hits. The man actually added something to life. Fuck off and die.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar