Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 226 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 227 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

I realize there was lightning delay for last night’s game. Apparently, Ben Volin didn’t either because he was complaining that the game going too late.

Coma
    Participant

Admittedly I liked the one ad he did with the Eddie Money Travel Agency and “two tickets to paradise.”

Peter King, not so much

Does Eddie Money think the Geico commercial is going to, like, rejuvenate his career? Not helping yourself, Eduardo. Eddie’s playing Quapaw, Okla., on Friday night, and two tickets to paradise will cost you $40. Total.

Money had a very successful career that included some huge hits. The man actually added something to life. Fuck off and die.

King is terrible in every measurable way. When he was mocking Eddie Money for appearing in a commercial, it’s safe to say that PK never stopped to think that, when no he’s longer a “star” in his profession, no one is going to contact him to appear in any craft beer/coffee/cargo shorts/etc ads.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Is that electrical tape holding his sax together?

jforb
    Participant

Is that electrical tape holding his sax together?

Battery pack or something for the mic

GusChiggins
    Participant

What a fucking dick. The guy that shilled himself out to multiple outlets has a beef with an aging singer trying to make a buck on an ad campaign. “Eduardo?” Also, last I checked access to any of Pete’s shitty content is fucking free, so who the hell is he to judge what a singer is garnering for tickets?

The Eduardo really makes my blood boil. :pk:

2 users thanked author for this post.

King is terrible in every measurable way. When he was mocking Eddie Money for appearing in a commercial, it’s safe to say that PK never stopped to think that, when no he’s longer a “star” in his profession, no one is going to contact him to appear in any craft beer/coffee/cargo shorts/etc ads.

“Hi, I’m Peter King for American Standard urinals…”

7 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

What a fucking dick. The guy that shilled himself out to multiple outlets has a beef with an aging singer trying to make a buck on an ad campaign. “Eduardo?” Also, last I checked access to any of Pete’s shitty content is fucking free, so who the hell is he to judge what a singer is garnering for tickets?

The Eduardo really makes my blood boil. :pk:<noscript>:pk:</noscript>

It’s infuriating. It’s also very obvious that this asshole has never had a good friend or a good relationship in his life. He has no idea how normal, socialized human beings behave.

So disturbing how this cunt takes absolute glee in shitting all over anyone who’s trying to make a go of anything once they’ve passed their prime. :pk: :wag: HOW DARE THEY. He’s just a flaming, ignorant piece of garbage.

Lebron
    Participant

Was looking at various NFL drafts and came across the ’82 draft.  I never would have guessed Johnnie Cooks had double the sacks of Ken Sims.  Also, Art Schlichter was 91-202 for 1006 yards 3 TDs 11 INTs on his career.  I can’t even fathom that as possible.

chicowalker
    Participant

Was looking at various NFL drafts and came across the ’82 draft. I never would have guessed Johnnie Cooks had double the sacks of Ken Sims. Also, Art Schlichter was 91-202 for 1006 yards 3 TDs 11 INTs on his career. I can’t even fathom would have never bet that was possible.

fixed, apropos

Participant

It’s infuriating. It’s also very obvious that this asshole has never had a good friend or a good relationship in his life. He has no idea how normal, socialized human beings behave.

So disturbing how this cunt takes absolute glee in shitting all over anyone who’s trying to make a go of anything once they’ve passed their prime. :pk::wag:HOW DARE THEY. He’s just a flaming, ignorant piece of garbage.

When Joe Gibbs came back in ’04 at age 64, I bet that Pete thought it was just swell (so what if Joe went 30-34 in those 4 years – he returned my calls).

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

The Patriots had a 2nd round pick in ’83 named Daryal Wilson, wide receiver from Tennessee.  Apparently the guy never played or if he did he didn’t record a single statistic.  Never heard of the guy.  Good thing Roger Craig was available to the Niners two picks later.

Lefty

Stay which surprised me and  I heard on NFL radio today:

since 2015, GB is 30-24-1 in games started by Aaron Rodgers.  Given all the praise heaped upon him, those number surprised me.

Apparently, it is from this article:

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-stop-calling-packers-aaron-rodgers-elite-qb/

chicowalker
    Participant

I have a few Packers fans in my orbit, and I love to remind them that, if they don’t win a SB in the next 4 years or so, they will have had 30 years of QBs that are all over the top 10 in every conceivable stat with the same # of titals as

Participant

Commenting on things you have not read is a big thing on twitter.

As is, commenting on games you haven’t watched I’m told.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

So disturbing how this cunt takes absolute glee in shitting all over anyone who’s trying to make a go of anything once they’ve passed their prime. :pk::wag:HOW DARE THEY. He’s just a flaming, ignorant piece of garbage.

When Joe Gibbs came back in ’04 at age 64, I bet that Pete thought it was just swell (so what if Joe went 30-34 in those 4 years – he returned my calls).

He better not say anything against Peyton Manning’s post-retirement cash grab or Archie’s Goon Squad will give him a Caffé Latté enema.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant
    Commenting on things you have not read is a big thing on twitter.

As is, commenting on games you haven’t watched I’m told.

How many Twins games do you think he watched of the Dominican sack?

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Would probably claim he was well aware of a David “Arias” and you know how those people are with birth certificates and names.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

From NFL Now: The #Patriots are practicing as if WR Antonio Brown is going to play on Sunday, and unless the NFL steps in, he just may.

Unless the NFL steps in like almost all of the national media begging the NFL to get off its ass and do something.

Coma
    Participant

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

From NFL Now: The #Patriots are practicing as if WR Antonio Brown is going to play on Sunday, and unless the NFL steps in, he just may.

Unless the NFL steps in like almost all of the national media begging the NFL to get off its ass and do something.

There was an incident earlier in the week that didn’t get as much attention as it probably warranted: A Giants fan living in RI threatened to Gillette and shoot Patriots fans because he was mad about Antonio Brown joining the Patriots. I’m sure there is a segment of every fanbase that’s unstable, but constantly pushing “The Patriots are eeeviill” narrative is going set someone off. That Giants fan was ready to go on a killing spree just because Brown signed with the Patriots. There could be some other nut out there, who keeps hearing that The Patriots are going to let that rapist play and no one’s doing anything about it and decides to do something. The group that will be the most surprised will be the media members who constantly fanned the flames of controversy.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Every media member is praying for the league to step in and put Brown on ice. If this was the Chiefs or Rams it would be all wait and see. The evil Pats need to be stopped.

i would love to see one of the media like Futility Lou or Fatty get some harassment claims against them and see how fast they start claiming their innocence.

We all agree Brown isn’t a great character guy, but this isn’t completely straight forward so let find out what happened and go from there.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wake Forest and UNC are playing each other in a non-conference game tonight in Winston Salem. Weird.

Hacksaw
    Participant

My son went to our local HS game tonight that was held at the Cowboys practice facility. He came home and told me the HS QB is John Kitna’s kid and he will be going to BC.

Humphrey
    Participant

Meanwhile the Eagles got totally embarrassed by Kansas, gave up 600 yards offense. 7-5 here we come.

Coma
    Participant

I watched some of the NFL Top 100 plays show last night. I acknowledge that I’m still wearing my Patriots footy pajamas with matching rabbit ears as I type this, but I think there’s some recency bias at work to put the winning TD by the Dolphins from last year as the 42nd biggest play in league history. You could say it was unexpected, it was a great effort and an exciting moment, but to think of it as a top 50 play in league history is absurd. It was the winning TD in a regular season game. It didn’t signify the start of a Dolphins winning streak and it didn’t hurt the Patriots going forward. If that play happened 5 or 10 years earlier, it would either be way down on the list or not on it. At all.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I watched some of the NFL Top 100 plays show last night. I acknowledge that I’m still wearing my Patriots footy pajamas with matching rabbit ears as I type this, but I think there’s some recency bias at work to put the winning TD by the Dolphins from last year as the 42nd biggest play in league history. You could say it was unexpected, it was a great effort and an exciting moment, but to think of it as a top 50 play in league history is absurd. It was the winning TD in a regular season game. It didn’t signify the start of a Dolphins winning streak and it didn’t hurt the Patriots going forward. If that play happened 5 or 10 years earlier, it would either be way down on the list or not on it. At all.

Would put money down on the proposition that the Helmet Catch is #1.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar