Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/9/19 – 9/15/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s a long watch, but I thought this was interesting:

You really notice how ragtag the NFL was in the early days.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Meanwhile the Eagles got totally embarrassed by Kansas, gave up 600 yards offense. 7-5 here we come.

This is still hard to believe.

Participant

Per @WilliamHillUS Nick Bogdanovich on this KAN-BC game kicking off now: Bettor bought line down from BC -21.5 to -20.5 (-130), put $65K on Eagles, to win $50K. Second #MajorWager around town on this game. First was on Monday at MGM books. @Covers

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ouch. At least he knew early on.

Lebron
    Participant

I didn’t watch but saw some lists and mention of plays.  Refrigerator Perry’s TD in the Super Bowl made it.  Yeah that was a helluva play, really turned the game around.  I guess if you want to cite stiffing  Payton out of a SB TD then yes a historical play.  I’m guessing a meaningless Beckham catch also made it.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

So, she asked him for investment money and he said no, then:

“Antonio Brown entered into settlement discussions in April, which included mediation in May, culminating in a deadline last Sunday night to sign a monetary agreement that would end the sexual assault claims against him. He chose not to sign it. “. (Jeff Darlington)

Supposedly she wanted $2M or she would file and go public.   Certainly doesn’t sound as cut and dried as many would like this allegation to  be.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

McAvoy signs for 3 yes with Bruins, AAV of $4.9

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

Fuck you, Steratore.  There is ZERO chance he would have called that play offensive PI when he was a ref.   Acting like it is an obvious missed call is just bullshit.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It’s hot as balls and the O-line is beat up.  All these plays from shotgun are making me nervous. Then again they have given up 6 points in the last 2.5 games so they may know more then me

Coma
    Participant

It’s a small point, but there is enough support staff to let Eagle and Fouts that the Patriots were called for offensive holding in the first half, but it was declined. Claiming that, late in the third quarter, they hadn’t been penalized yet just isn’t accurate.

Also, it bothered me for years, but now I’m just impressed how Fouts is able to spot uncalled penalties on the Patriots all game long, but never on the opposition.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Also, it bothered me for years, but now I’m just impressed how Fouts is able to spot uncalled penalties on the Patriots all game long, but never on the opposition.

Yeah, he loves that almost as much as Zolak and Collinsworth love bird-watching for injuries.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Sounds like Viniatieri might be hanging them up.

Humphrey
    Participant

That would be like Gino …think he kicked for the Pats a game or two at the beginning bif a season and it was obvious to him and everyone else that he shouldn’t have

Participant

“No we run the same offense, try to get the ball to who’s open Ben.  Haven’t changed that in 20 years.”

My 6th grade nephew gave a  Michael Scott “BOOM roasted! after that one.

Poor Mittens. :smile:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by 02062.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Saints screwed again.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Bridgewater appears to suck. No feel for pressure. I’d like to see him do well enough to warrant a starting job somewhere.

Good day for the Pats QB Alumni Association.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Calls to “bring in competition” to ghost are predictable and eye rolling. Like they’d be happy if Younghoe Koo walked through that door?

Yahtzee
    Participant

That was an impressive run.

Absurd call on replay.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Yahtzee.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

I had Joe Buck’s tie in 7th grade.

Participant

Nearly kill a receiver, incompletion, have a defender drop a pick, convert on 4th down.

Flacco being Flacco.

Participant

What a catch

jforb
    Participant

Calls to “bring in competition” to ghost are predictable and eye rolling. Like they’d be happy if Younghoe Koo walked through that door?

Don’t get why it’s always the kicker. I’m going to blame the holding and assume that’s fixable.

Yahtzee
    Participant

If someone told me that I have to drive cross country with Cris Collinsworth, I’d drive into a bridge abutment by Framingham.

GusChiggins
    Participant

If someone told me that I have to drive cross country with Cris Collinsworth, I’d drive into a bridge abutment by Framingham.

Each week I just want to watch a little football on a Sunday night and I forget how bad Collinsworth is. I’m reminded pretty quickly and turn the channel pretty quick.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Holy Shit. That was a hell of a playcall by the Falcons. 4th and 3 on their 40 or so down by 3 near the two minute warning. A quick screen to Julio Jones and he goes all the way. Burns the blitz perfectly.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar