Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/05/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 114 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Hacksaw 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If Felger’s grandfather had a sports talker in Milwaukee in 1959:

Sorrrrreeeeee, Packer fans.  YOUR new head coach comes out out of that powerhouse “Saint Cecilia High School” somewhere in New Jersey!

Participant

I’d love to know the context of the Jones catch head shake. Are they showing game clips during his big speech, or is he just in line at the bar to get a Chardonnay for Tits McGee? 😆

Think he was just at the bar watching it, they were probably running it on a loop all night.

Suzy has to weigh in on Coach Matt’s wardrobe choice at the ND Coaching Clinic.

Participant

Journalism is so important…..

“I asked him how hard it was to be civil 20 minutes after a game like a Super Bowl loss when your team blows a 25-point lead.”

Participant

But Coach Rivers, at the time you told us rebuilding was just to hard for a man of your stature.

“For me, it was time for me to change. When you’re somewhere for nine years, you don’t think whether it’s the right or wrong decision, you think it’s the right decision for you at that time.”

Claude45
    Participant

I wish the Felgers, the Mazzs and celebrity callers of the world had enough self-awareness to realize how much smarter and hard working every member of the Pats staff is than they are, including Steve Belichick. Instead, it will be smarmy comments about how the Patriots “think” they are smarter than everybody. In actuality, they are but they work and act like they are aren’t. The jackass hottakerz will never be more consistently wrong about anything the Pats during this run and that’s saying something.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Having put a lot of thought into it now :lol: , my favorite part of DYJ2 was Mcdaniels reaction to hearing Bill say “trouble now” after the pick 6. You know that even with the respect they have for him, Josh and Patricia are like “this fucking guy  :dry: ” about some of the shit Belichick says.

Lebron
    Participant

For me the slam dunk best part is Bill breaking down the flea flicker TD pass to Hogan in the AFCCG.  Throwing out we ran a similar route pattern in the AFCCG 12 years ago and these assholes still never change anything, mentioning Paolomolu by name, and of course that play itself with Branch galloping into the end zone.

Kevin
    Participant

Patricia is like the Two-Face in Seinfeld, but with his body.

One clip I’m thinking “Wow, he lost a ton, he looks good”, the next it’s like “Wait, he’s still huge?”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

For me the slam dunk best part is Bill breaking down the flea flicker TD pass to Hogan in the AFCCG. Throwing out we ran a similar route pattern in the AFCCG 12 years ago and these assholes still never change anything, mentioning Paolomolu by name, and of course that play itself with Branch galloping into the end zone.

It’s like the Duke of Dorchester always falling for the same move that gets him pinned.

InThisTown
    Participant

Patricia is like the Two-Face in Seinfeld, but with his body. One clip I’m thinking “Wow, he lost a ton, he looks good”, the next it’s like “Wait, he’s still huge?”

Having put a lot of thought into it now 😆 , my favorite part of DYJ2 was Mcdaniels reaction to hearing Bill say “trouble now” after the pick 6. You know that even with the respect they have for him, Josh and Patricia are like “this fucking guy :dry: ” about some of the shit Belichick says.

I’d have been like “you think so, Doctor?” and when he said who was that I’d say the ghost of Dick Rehbein.

Coma
    Participant

I still cannot believe how far offside Dwight Freeney was on that two point conversion.

I can believe that someone in the media (Prisco, I think) was in a huff about the officials not penalizing the Patriots receivers for blocking downfield on that play. Not only was this sour-grapes nitpicking, since it’s not clear if anyone was actually too far downfield, but it’s a useless point since the Falcons were also penalized on the play. Worst-case scenario, the Patriots get to run the 2 point play again from the same spot. It’s not like they would be pushed back by the penalty or lost their chance to go for two.

Hacksaw
    Participant

For me the slam dunk best part is Bill breaking down the flea flicker TD pass to Hogan in the AFCCG. Throwing out we ran a similar route pattern in the AFCCG 12 years ago and these assholes still never change anything, mentioning Paolomolu by name, and of course that play itself with Branch galloping into the end zone.

It’s like the Duke of Dorchester always falling for the same move that gets him pinned.

He misses with a double ax handle then he loses by a  school boy roll up or  a backslide.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I still cannot believe how far offside Dwight Freeney was on that two point conversion.

I can believe that someone in the media (Prisco, I think) was in a huff about the officials not penalizing the Patriots receivers for blocking downfield on that play. Not only was this sour-grapes nitpicking, since it’s not clear if anyone was actually too far downfield, but it’s a useless point since the Falcons were also penalized on the play. Worst-case scenario, the Patriots get to run the 2 point play again from the same spot. It’s not like they would be pushed back by the penalty or lost their chance to go for two.

What’s also dumb about it is that the ball was out of Brady’s hands immediately. One hundred times out of one hundred, in any short-yardage situation where that play is called, you will never see any refereeing crew call that a penalty when the ball is thrown immediately like that. Never. The fact that the blocking was within one yard of the LOS is just icing on the cake.

And that dipshit wanted a ticky-tack flag there? In the Super Bowl where they usually don’t call anything unless it’s obvious? Piss off.

Lebron
    Participant

A Kraft Super Bowl ring/celebration still doesn’t top the pomp and circumstance of a Steeler arriving at camp.

Participant

A Kraft Super Bowl ring/celebration still doesn’t top the pomp and circumstance of a Steeler arriving at camp.

Image result for DR CHARLES STEINBERG

“Jonathan, Robert, I’m right down the road in Pawtucket.  I can make it as overbearing and maudlin as you’d like.”

Suzy
    Participant

This is great.

Kevin
    Participant

Wait, Curt Schilling drove a truck full of donations down to Houston himself and had to reach out to Twitter when the truck broke down? :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Curt must have left his AAA card at home.

Feejis
    Participant

Wait, Curt Schilling drove a truck full of donations down to Houston himself and had to reach out to Twitter when the truck broke down? 😆

He should’ve called Merloni. He knows a lot about AAA.

Coma
    Participant

What’s also dumb about it is that the ball was out of Brady’s hands immediately. One hundred times out of one hundred, in any short-yardage situation where that play is called, you will never see any refereeing crew call that a penalty when the ball is thrown immediately like that. Never. The fact that the blocking was within one yard of the LOS is just icing on the cake. And that dipshit wanted a ticky-tack flag there? In the Super Bowl where they usually don’t call anything unless it’s obvious? Piss off.

On the flip side, Borges was unhappy with the DPI call on the pass to Bennett two plays before White’s winning TD. He thought the officials shouldn’t be making a call like that on that stage. Unlike the Amendola 2 point play, that play had all the hallmarks of penalty: The defender made contact with the receiver early, impeded the receiver’s ability to catch the ball and never looked for the ball.

I don’t know how Borges felt about Prisco’s opinion on the 2 point play, but I’d like to think their thoughts on both plays were directed by their feelings about the team that benefited from the call/non-call.

InThisTown
    Participant

Wait, Curt Schilling drove a truck full of donations down to Houston himself and had to reach out to Twitter when the truck broke down? 😆

You should tweet this.

chicowalker
    Participant

Merloni could have directed him to any number of tow trucks, diners, etc if he broke down between Medford and exit 25 in RI.  Probably could have described the potholes from memory

Feejis
    Participant

You should tweet this.

Trying to stay away from the twitter.

I need to rewatch it, but I’m pretty sure in the AFCC, the Pats ran the Amendola conversion play (twice, with Hogan the recipient each time; he dropped one of them) and the White toss sweep (with Lewis, I  think). And they started to run the direct snap play to White in the red zone against the Steelers, but Bennett moved before the snap.

How cool would it have been for DYJ2 to show those plays,  illustrating that had Atlanta been as diligent in film as the Pats, maybe the outcome would have been different.

Kevin
    Participant

The enemy of my enemy is still an asshole.

– Ancient BSMW proverb

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar