Advertisements

This topic contains 218 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Pass 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 219 total)
  • Author

Hacksaw
    Participant

“Well thats no excuse. They were expecting to cheat and our friend Mike Tomlin maybe lazy, but at least when he cheats its all in good playground  fun.”

Green33
    Participant

During Super Bowl XLVI, in 2012, the Patriots’ headsets malfunctioned in the second half, leading to harmful miscommunication. And so, in the week leading into last season’s Super Bowl, Belichick stopped practice and shouted for the coaches to drop their headsets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/all-football-bill-belichick-leaves-his-narrative-to-his-friends-and-enemies/2015/09/09/ad68398a-566b-11e5-8bb1-b488d231bba2_story.html

That’s a great article.  Why can’t we get reporters like that?

Feejis
    Participant

During Super Bowl XLVI, in 2012, the Patriots’ headsets malfunctioned in the second half, leading to harmful miscommunication. And so, in the week leading into last season’s Super Bowl, Belichick stopped practice and shouted for the coaches to drop their headsets.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/all-football-bill-belichick-leaves-his-narrative-to-his-friends-and-enemies/2015/09/09/ad68398a-566b-11e5-8bb1-b488d231bba2_story.html

That’s a great article. Why can’t we get reporters like that?

Kilgore still has a lot of leftover Globecunt all over him.

Chief
    Participant

That’s a great article. Why can’t we get reporters like that?

Irony….

Tommyfw
    Participant

:lol:

Having to add to log in is really making my head hurt. 3+7 after a long night of little sleep hurts.

How do you keep your kids straight? :lol:

The older I get the harder this becomes.

Last time we went to Disney, about 5 years ago, it was a struggle.  It was literally either counting in my head or out loud all day long…1,2,3,4,5,6…1,2,3,4,5,6….1,2,3,4,5,6

It was tiring, so we left the park every day around 1p and never went back.  The logistics with that many was mind boggling.

I question my decision making daily.

A personal favorite. Colts game in 2007:

“Well, we definitely had a lot of problems with the coach-to-quarterback,” Belichick said. “Basically, we didn’t have a coach-to-quarterback operation, so we had to signal in all of the plays, which is unusual, but that’s the way it was. What-all was going on, I can’t tell you, but I can tell you that, from a functional standpoint, the coach-to-quarterback was basically useless.”

He added, “It was a problem from the first series. We stopped using it – we tried to use it, but it was ineffective.”

That forced New England to relay the plays to quarterback Tom Brady with hand signals from the sideline or Brady to call the plays himself. Belichick said the team was “basically in that mode the whole game” without operational coach-to-quarterback communication, although the Patriots did have open communication on their headsets to their coaches in the booth.

Tony Dun-cheat

Rickkyboy
    Participant

s. Coffeenerdness: Uh-oh. A five-shot macchiato Saturday. Though the cup was extra large, I thought immediately it’s going to be a long season if I’m getting five shots of espresso on a Saturday morning in Week 1.

God what a humblebragging piece of shit.

No kidding, right? Makes my stomach turn. I wish he’d get the absolute shit kicked out of him by a random Pats fan during one of his alleged “runs.”

And when that beating happens, may the beater be holding a cup of coffee from dunks.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

You look at that guy in the hoodie over there, he never even smiles. After they cheated to win the Super Bowl, even then he couldn’t crack a smile. But Rex goes 2-14 and still takes it in stride! That’s the kinda coach I want.

Lebron
    Participant

Like Chipster and Zim, every game he coaches is like a new season.  New and improved.  Honest and tells it like it is.  Like a ray of sunshine.  It’s that god damned refreshing.

Coughlin:  “The buck stops over there… and over there… and…”

Gimp
    Participant

One of the least discussed, and most often overlooked facets of Belichick’s greatness, is his clock and timeout management.  This goes back to his out-coaching Herm Edwards so badly Herm had to hire a clock coach.  I can recall hearing an interview where he explained that timeouts and the clock are 2 limited resources in a game, and you can’t waste either.

I’ll never forget the moment at the end of the Super Bowl before the pick…the entire world was waiting for him to call a TO.  When he never did, I figured he had a good reason.  Turns out he did, which was the best part of DO YOUR JOB.

There are few certainties in this world.  One certainty is that nonsense at the end of the Giants / Cowboys would never happen here.  We’d all just figure he was trying to outfox the other team and it just didn’t work.  Not that he threw up on himself.

Lebron
    Participant

Dallas used 2 timeouts plus there was the 2 minute warning during that drive before the play.  What the fuck did you talk about on the sideline?  Mind roasting.

Gimp
    Participant

Teams calling TOs out of the 2 minute warning makes me mental.

Coma
    Participant

One of the least discussed, and most often overlooked facets of Belichick’s greatness, is his clock and timeout management. This goes back to his out-coaching Herm Edwards so badly Herm had to hire a clock coach. I can recall hearing an interview where he explained that timeouts and the clock are 2 limited resources in a game, and you can’t waste either. I’ll never forget the moment at the end of the Super Bowl before the pick…the entire world was waiting for him to call a TO. When he never did, I figured he had a good reason. Turns out he did, which was the best part of DO YOUR JOB. There are few certainties in this world. One certainty is that nonsense at the end of the Giants / Cowboys would never happen here. We’d all just figure he was trying to outfox the other team and it just didn’t work. Not that he threw up on himself.

On the rare occasions where Belichick doesn’t manage the clock or timeouts effectively, it sends people off the deep end. We’re used to seeing it handled correctly on such a routine basis that the occasional miscue stands out. It’s another item on the list of things that the fanz and media don’t how they have it with this incarnation of the Patriots.

Marty Nopointe
    Participant

forgot about Suggs taking a cheapshot at Sam Bradford during the preseason game, with some bitchy whine afterward

hey Terry, Bradford’s playing tonight how’s the achilles doing?

Coma
    Participant

I kept forgetting to tell this “warm sports drink” story last week:

In 2004, the rugby club I was playing for was the host team for a USA vs. France match. The “host” role didn’t make too much sense as the club was based on New Haven and the game was being played at Rentschler field, but I wasn’t going to argue. During the week before the match, we helped out during the practices for the two teams. It was mostly low-level stuff, retrieving balls that were kicked out of bounds, moving equipment around, etc, but it was better than being at work on a few beautiful late June days.

The first day, we’re setting up a water cooler on a table on the sideline and one of the French coaches asks for Gatorade (gah-tour-add.) A couple guys rush to a nearby grocery store and grab a couple of cases off the shelf along with some bags of ice. They get back and we start dumping the ice and Gatorade bottles into a cooler. A team manager comes over and is like “No, no, no!” They just wanted them set out on the table, at room temperature. We all kind of looked at each other for moment and set things up how the wanted. Talking about it later, one of the guys said the French team requested that the AC be turned off on the buses they were using. They weren’t used to it and didn’t mind the heat.

Plenty of European national and club teams have come through Gillette over the years. Maybe the staff there is used to providing Gatorade at a temperature preferred by elite, international athletes.  ;-)

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So which week does Kubiak start giving Spork Rottweiler there reps with the first team?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

forgot about Suggs taking a cheapshot at Sam Bradford during the preseason game, with some bitchy whine afterward hey Terry, Bradford’s playing tonight how’s the achilles doing?

Just a matter of time before the Wooden Indian goes down for the season.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

So it seems like the main guy I need to worry about is Julio. A few Matthews, Peterson and Murrays mixed in. The closest guy with two players left has Peterson and Boldin. The next closest with two has Peterson and Charles Johnson.

mark in nh
    Participant

Matty Ice being Matty Ice.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

This game is painful.

Patrick Pass
    Participant

This is gonna kill me. Double team Jones please.

Tommyfw
    Participant

Interesting offensive game plan. Throw it to Jones as often as possible. Why double?

This is going to be a very high scoring game.

Kevin
    Participant

Gronk doing a “This is Sportscenter” commercial?

Traitor!

InThisTown
    Participant

Pass just got dry anal.

Kevin
    Participant

Man, I hate Chip Kelly.   For no reason other than Bert Breer and Pete King always blowing him.   :lol:

Patrick Pass
    Participant

What a great coach Chip is let’s leave Walter Fucking Thurmond alone on Julio all day. Great idea. I hope he chokes on Charlie’s cock tonight.

Suzy
    Participant

Man, I hate Chip Kelly. For no reason other than Bert Breer and Pete King always blowing him. :lol:

That’s reason enough. Two huge, douchey red flags.

Kevin
    Participant

@SI_PeterKing: Kiko with the play of the night so far. No wonder Chip wanted him.

This must have been before the nullified fumble. :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

Coming up at the half, Mort spreads more bullshit!

InThisTown
    Participant

What a great coach Chip is let’s leave Walter Fucking Thurman alone on Julio all day. Great idea. I hope he chokes on Charlie’s cock tonight.

I typed my post as soon as the flag was thrown. That’s rough. What’s the scenario now?

Patrick Pass
    Participant

I’m still in second. $8,000. But only by 3.5 over a guy with Julio. And a line of others with him behind him.

Any chance they can shorten the quarters to 10 minutes?

Kevin
    Participant

Mortenson, Fall Guy Carter, and Nug Nug.

This is the worst.

Kevin
    Participant

Did Suzy Kolber get a new head? She looks…different.

Suzy
    Participant

Mortenson, Fall Guy Carter, and Nug Nug. This is the worst.

A liar, a thug, and a murderer. And the league sits in judgement on…Tom Brady. :pk: :blink:

Tommyfw
    Participant

Thomas Dimitrov is vigorously pleasuring himself after the huge first half from Julio . :lol:

Pass? Not so much.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Marty Ice!

Kevin
    Participant

This is the same woman?

Attachments:

InThisTown
    Participant

Marty Ice!

Nopointe’s nickname if we’d had a board in the mid-90s?

Suzy
    Participant

This is the same woman?

She’s a good-looking woman but Dear Lord that hair in the second pic. :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Marty Ice!

Nopointe’s nickname if we’d had a board in the mid-90s?

Oops

:lol:

Doncabesa
    Participant

This is the same woman?

Y

Doncabesa
    Participant

Both of these teams are soft as puppy shlt.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’ll never forget the moment at the end of the Super Bowl before the pick…the entire world was waiting for him to call a TO. When he never did, I figured he had a good reason. Turns out he did, which was the best part of DO YOUR JOB. There are few certainties in this world.

I was one of those. I thought he had lost his mind. That’s why I sit in a windowless basement with a red stapler and think about how great the Interwebs are.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I love Sproles.

BSF34
    Participant

This is the same woman?

Joe Namath wants to “kish”both of them.

Wait, what?

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m about to lose $5 with that one :(

Div
    Participant

Atlana’s tackling is brutal.

BSF34
    Participant

I’m about to lose $5 with that one :(

Thoughts and prayers.

Wait, what?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bellichick would not have kicked there.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar