Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/29/17 Daily Thread

This topic contains 70 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  02062 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Is it OK to start shoe-peeing about the Sox starting pitching or should my anxiety remain focused on Brady taking too many hits? I’ll hang up and listen.

InThisTown
    Participant

Hack Finn is a sensitive boy.

Participant

Chad’s up early pimping this – “Hosted by award-winning Globe sports columnist Christopher L. Gasper, Season Ticket will feature conversations tomato can references, insider information score settling, and unfiltered opinion agenda pushing on the Boston sports scene and beyond. A new podcast will be released each weekday afternoon on Apple Podcasts and other podcast apps.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Adieu, Comcast Sports Network New England … bonjour, NBC Sports Boston.  As of Monday.  Where would our economy be without constant rebranding?   :lol:

Lefty

This of how excited the useless fringe like Murray and Diabeetle are now that they can say “appears frequently on NBC”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Sorry to all Fashion Friday for a sec, but …

Channel hopping last night around 9, we stopped at “CSNNE” in time for a few moments of the TEC-Holley show. Mme CS could not get over the outfit worn by the woman co-host, whose name I don’t know (although, thankfully, I knew enough that it wasn’t Trenni).  She appeared to be wearing a long-sleeved tank top. Sort of like this, but worse:

I think Jorts would complete the look, don’t you?    :lol:   :lol:

InThisTown
    Participant

That’s hot. Back me up Suzy.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Name changes always work just ask the good folks at The Nashville Network/The National Network/The New TNN/Spike TV/Spike/The Paramount Network.

Does wonders for airlines too. ValueJet essentially killed people by illegally flying hazardous stuff on their planes but they just re branded as AirTran and eventually sold themselves to SouthWest. Win-Win baby!

Participant

They need to get Mr. Bookman on the case.

“Hypodermic needles on restroom floors of Boston public libraries and fights among homeless people are alarming trustees and patrons, who say even the city’s ornate historic main branch in Copley Square is not off limits to the unnerving hazards.”

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Someone’s drawing pee-pees and wee-wees on all the biographies of Isabella Stewart Gardner!

Feejis
    Participant

Chad’s up early pimping this – “Hosted by award-winning Globe sports columnist Christopher L. Gasper, Season Ticket will feature conversations tomato can references, insider information score settling, and unfiltered opinion agenda pushing on the Boston sports scene and beyond. A new podcast will be released each weekday afternoon on Apple Podcasts and other podcast apps.”

You can’t make up and award, give it to yourself then call yourself award winning. AKA the Rand Paul.

Kevin
    Participant

This really was a mugging!

chicowalker
    Participant

They need to get Mr. Bookman on the case. “Hypodermic needles on restroom floors of Boston public libraries and fights among homeless people are alarming trustees and patrons, who say even the city’s ornate historic main branch in Copley Square is not off limits to the unnerving hazards.”

:lol: my buddy is director of operations for BPL.  I’d love to hear his opinion of this, he comes from a family rooted in activism on the part of the poor/disenfranchised (dad ex-priest, mom ex-nun) but this isn’t something that can be handled too gently imo

Kevin
    Participant

Mayo on the Quick Slants pod said there’s no way that Matt Light would be able to tell someone like Wilfork or Ty Warren what they could or couldn’t do during the national anthem.

He didn’t say it so much as a black/white thing as much as positional group captains can get only influence their own guys.

Claude45
    Participant

In today’s NFL it’s unfathomable that was not called a penalty. If I remember correctly, the Blandino justification was poetry. Something about it was intercepted so no illegal contact.

chicowalker
    Participant

Quick slants doesn’t exhaust all it’s material during the TV show, it needs a podcast too?  :lol:

Brian
    Participant

Is it OK to start shoe-peeing about the Sox starting pitching or should my anxiety remain focused on Brady taking too many hits? I’ll hang up and listen.

E rod is MAYBE the 3rd or 4th starter, I thing they’ll be fine.

Brian
    Participant

Sorry to all Fashion Friday for a sec, but … Channel hopping last night around 9, we stopped at “CSNNE” in time for a few moments of the TEC-Holley show. Mme CS could not get over the outfit worn by the woman co-host, whose name I don’t know (although, thankfully, I knew enough that it wasn’t Trenni). She appeared to be wearing a long-sleeved tank top. Sort of like this, but worse: I think Jorts would complete the look, don’t you? 😆 😆

Kaycee Smith from Dallas or Houston. I would not mind waking up next to her someday…

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

E rod is MAYBE the 3rd or 4th starter, I thing they’ll be fine.

You mean I’m not supposed to lay awake at night worrying if Sale is going to pitch on Sunday? :lol:

Are my Calculations correct and it’s possible that the Pats vs Tampa, Red Sox playoffs and B’s opening game will all be going on next Thursday night?

Callahardfoul
    Participant

In today’s NFL it’s unfathomable that was not called a penalty. If I remember correctly, the Blandino justification was poetry. Something about it was intercepted so no illegal contact.

They said it was uncatchable. Then sports science did a thing where it was like the most catchable ball of all time if they just let go of Gronk.

Beaker
    Participant

I don’t thing that’s going to happen

Lebron
    Participant

That call earned Clete Blakeman the Soupey 50 nod.

Brady chasing him down after he picked up the flag was great.  Whereas the exchange between him and Cheffers before LI was hey sorry for anything I say during the game just being competitive I hope when he called Clete a league stooge and incompetent fucking asshole he meant every word.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

(Please hear these words in your mind in the voice of of the Wild Kratts guys)

HERE Luke KUECHLY grabs GRONK, preventing HIM from REACHING back FOR the BALL. If ROB Gronkowski TAKES one STEP forward THE ball WOULD land IN his DUODENUM with AN impact SIMILAR to A roll OF toilet TISSUE.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“Wild Kratts” and “Paw Patrol” referenced on back-to-back days. :lol:

Feejis
    Participant

(Please hear these words in your mind in the voice of of the Wild Kratts guys) HERE Luke KUECHLY grabs GRONK, preventing HIM from REACHING back FOR the BALL. If ROB Gronkowski TAKES one STEP forward THE ball WOULD land IN his DUODENUM with AN impact SIMILAR to A roll OF toilet TISSUE.

:lol:

My favorite Wild Kratts was when the guy’s transponder busted and then he got butt-fucked by the real giraffe.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar