Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 4/8/19 -4/14/2019 Week Thread or Weak Thread

Tagged: 

This topic contains 207 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  Miserable Fellow 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

BILA I saw the Bruiser Brody documentary. It’s excellent. Some pretty good insight on things went down thirty years ago.

Thanks for mentioning it.

I’m going to geek out like a 12 year old schoolgirl when the Von Erich one comes out.

Just went up to youtube to see Handsome Halfbreed Gino Hernandez call Kerry Von Erich a baboon brain.

I remember one of the Von Erich’s won a car as part of a stipulation and Gino and Chris Adams kicked the windows in.

Adams had the worst named finishing move.  The Superkick.  What the fuck, that’s the best you can do?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

BILA I saw the Bruiser Brody documentary. It’s excellent. Some pretty good insight on things went down thirty years ago.

I’m going to geek out like a 12 year old schoolgirl when the Von Erich one comes out.

Just went up to youtube to see Handsome Halfbreed Gino Hernandez call Kerry Von Erich a baboon brain.

I remember one of the Von Erich’s won a car as part of a stipulation and Gino and Chris Adams kicked the windows in.

Adams had the worst named finishing move. The Superkick. What the fuck, that’s the best you can do?

For the 80’s the Superkick wasn’t bad.

I know today every match has 8 Superkicks, 10 DDT’s, 14 suicide dives and then a school boy roll up for the win.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Hacksaw.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Brandon Phillips got a ring.

Johnny Manziel (on advice from Bootleg Barnicle?) would like you to refer to him as John Manziel going forward.

I don’t recall, but I’d bet some in the media, called for trading up to draft him.

“John” Football? I don’t think so.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Streaming the ring ceremony here at work. Sorry but it’s sweet the way the players try on/examine their rings like little kids.

And damn, gotta say that Henry’s daughter looks fabulous as always. LOVE her coat. It’s gorgeous, perfect for the occasion, and she’s rocking it. The woman has a tremendous sense of fashion.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Jack McCormick got his fifth ring.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Hacksaw.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Manny was there, carrying the 2004 (I assume) WS trophy. I assume, from the Knights of the Keyboard’s attitude, that that he hit McCormick over the head with it.  What? :blink:  He’s not really a bad guy? :blink:  

:rollseyes:

Suzy
    Participant

Manny was there, carrying the 2004 (I assume) WS trophy. I assume, from the Knights of the Keyboard’s attitude, that that he hit McCormick over the head with it. What? :blink:<noscript>:blink:</noscript>He’s not really a bad guy? :blink:<noscript>:blink:</noscript>

:rollseyes:<noscript>:rollseyes:</noscript>

Yeah, they had the respective MVPs of each WS carry that year’s trophy. For a second I couldn’t figure out why Steve Pearce was posing with Manny, Papi & Lowell. Duh.  :lol:

It was pretty cool, actually. And Pats guys taking selfies with the Sox looked like fun, too.

Too bad Brady and Belichick chose today to DISRESPECT THE RED SOX, CALLER. :rollseyes:   :wag:

Brian
    Participant

Streaming the ring ceremony here at work. Sorry but it’s sweet the way the players try on/examine their rings like little kids.

And damn, gotta say that Henry’s daughter looks fabulous as always. LOVE her coat. It’s gorgeous, perfect for the occasion, and she’s rocking it. The woman has a tremendous sense of fashion.

I thought that was his wife.

Suzy
    Participant

Brandon Phillips got a ring.

Eric Gagne has a ring. :lol:

Phillips *did* have that walk-off double or something early on.  :smile:

On another note, Pedroia’s starting to bug me.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

I thought that was his wife.

Geeze Bri, I can’t even make a little joke?  :ozzy:

:lol:

jforb
    Participant

All aboard the Vazquez sucks bandwagon

Lebron
    Participant

People upset with the review in the Virginia-Texas Tech game last night would have had a heart attack with the VAR in Manchester City-Tottenham.  Great save on the PK so no harm no foul.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Throughout Manziel’s entire pro-career his pissed in the face of everyone he came across and now that he has to go begging to get a sniff from the XFL or what ever this 3rd tier league is calling itself these days he goes out of his way to change his name to John? He may not end up in jail like world class shit head like Ryan Leaf but he’s real close.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Adams had the worst named finishing move. The Superkick. What the fuck, that’s the best you can do?

If you had the choice between receiving a Superkick or the Iron Claw I’m pretty sure I’d choose the Iron Claw as it seems like it would pretty easy to escape from. Basically just walk away or fall down.

“Ow, you’re squeezing my head. Stop.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If you had the choice between receiving a Superkick or the Iron Claw I’m pretty sure I’d choose the Iron Claw as it seems like it would pretty easy to escape from. Basically just walk away or fall down. “Ow, you’re squeezing my head. Stop.”

Contrary to popular belief, the “Boston Crab” has nothing to do with  J** R****.

Hacksaw
    Participant

If you had the choice between receiving a Superkick or the Iron Claw I’m pretty sure I’d choose the Iron Claw as it seems like it would pretty easy to escape from. Basically just walk away or fall down.

The Freebirds told Fritz Von Erich lets do a six man tag as a main even in the Cotton Bowl. Fritz didn’t want to do the match due to lack of mobility. Michael PS Hayes says “Its easy money you just put your hands on our heads and we act like we are dying. Money in the bank.”

It worked (no pun intended).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Phillips came up in September when they expanded the rosters and homered against the Braves to complete a late-inning comeback.

2 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The Freebirds told Fritz Von Erich lets do a six man tag as a main even in the Cotton Bowl. Fritz didn’t want to do the match due to lack of mobility. Michael PS Hayes says “Its easy money you just put your hands on our heads and we act like we are dying. Money in the bank.”

It worked (no pun intended).

The best part was when the Iron Claw would make someone bleed like a sniper shot them.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Brian Adias’s Asian spike was weak.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I went to Fenway today – at least through the ceremonies and 4 innings. One obvious thing is that Schilling just desparately wants to be loved and remembered.

Also, both Pedro and Ortiz have just incredible charisma.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I went to Fenway today – at least through the ceremonies and 4 innings. One obvious thing is that Schilling just desparately wants to be loved and remembered.

Also, both Pedro and Ortiz have just incredible charisma.

But Curt will settle for one out of two?

Coma
    Participant

Idiot Volin wrote the following in his Sunday notes column:

The Canadian Football League works because it is distinctly Canadian and operates on a much smaller scale than most pro sports leagues (and I’ve been to a CFL game. There’s no downfield passing. It’s boring).”

This caused the CFL to react with a highlight video. While this should be added to the long list of examples of Volin’s incompetence, he’s taking a smug victory lap, tweeting “Sorry I hurt your feelings CFL.” Like a wrestling heel, when Volin makes an uninformed or outrageous comment, it’s a positive because he draws a reaction. Knowing what you’re talking about isn’t a concern for the sports media.

7 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

That’s just awesome. Wonder what sport he confused with CFL.

Also, Lakers in disarray, that’s a shame.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Magic as an executive didn’t work?  Wow if only everyone hadn’t seen that coming.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar